ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Primary e-mail address problems

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/19/09 11:01 PM Views: 1215 Replies: 1
Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I have a problem where all of my classmates have somehow had their primary e-mail addresses on their profile changed to be the e-mail address for the site! They cannot log in and I have tried to change the e-mail address but it will not change it. I have manually changed some and pressed "save" but it just sets it back to the sites e-mail. Did I accidentally hit some button that changed them all? I need help to fix this. Any ideas?
Thanks

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 1:08 AM - Response #1

I looked at a few random Classmate email addresses and they all look fine to me. Most likely you have autofill turned on in your browser. Most likely you are using Firefox, although some toolbars and various plugins can also have an auto fill feature. Your own browser is filing in your site email address in the Classmate's email address field. It's not really there unless you actually save the page while seeing your site email address filled in. If you have saved any Classmate Profiles with your auto fill turned on, then you have indeed changed the password for the Classmate, which probably explains why some Classmates can't log in.

When editing your class web site I'd strongly recommend you disable autofill. If you're using Firefox here's how to turn it off:

1. Open the Firefox browser.
2. From the Firefox menu, select 'Tools'
3. Select 'Options'
4. Click 'Privacy'
5. Click 'Saved Forms'
6. Click 'Settings'
7. Select all options in the 'Clear Private Data' window
8. Click OK
9. Click 'Clear Saved Form Data Now'
10. Uncheck 'Save information I enter in forms and the Search Bar'

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.