ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Playlist generator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/12/13 09:40 AM Views: 1742 Replies: 13
Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Yesterday evening I made a playlist, 5 songs in the list. They showed in my vault. This morning the music isn't playing, I checked the player, it says it's there, but, it's blank.. Titles are not in the vault.. Do I delete the present player and start over, or will they return at some point ? Also some pictures that I added last evening were gone, I restored those..

Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM - Response #1

They will return. We had a major server upgrade last night and there are a few items we're still working on today. We'll let you know when the player is set.

Thank you,

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM - Response #2

Hi Lynda,

I believe you were listed under another post on this same topic. The playlist players should be all set now. Just responding here as well for anyone following this post.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM - Response #3

Is there a way to change the volume on the Playlist generator so that when the page opens (for all classmates) it's not at mid-level? I have tried lowering the volume under edit playlist, but it always opens at the mid-level volume on the main page. In other words, I'd like to change the "default" status on the player.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM - Response #4

Currently we do not have a volume control programmed. I will add it to our list of suggestions.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 6:13 PM - Response #5

Today, a teacher in our building thought she'd take a few minutes to complete our CC education site survey while her students were taking a test. As soon as she logged in the song (which I have on the playlist generator for a Valentine theme) - All You Need is Love by the Beatles - started blaring. She was a bit embarrassed, but I was told the class of 5th graders sure thought it was funny! Wonder how many others this happened to throughout our district? Embarassed

I told her that a request had recently been submitted for volume control. Very Happy

Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM - Response #6

I've always had players auto start too. I'd started to rethink that and your experience provides additional reason for turning it off.

Edited 02/13/14 7:33 PM
Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 6:52 PM - Response #7

Hi there. I used to have a playlist on playlist.com which of course disappeared on our class website. I was wondering - if I create a playlist on Grooveshark.com, will I be able to embed that on the Playlist Generator? If not, can you recommend what website I can create a playlist for free that I can upload to our site. Thank you.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 6:52 PM - Response #8

Hi there. I used to have a playlist on playlist.com which of course disappeared on our class website. I was wondering - if I create a playlist on Grooveshark.com, will I be able to embed that on the Playlist Generator? If not, can you recommend what website I can create a playlist for free that I can upload to our site. Thank you.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 1:01 AM - Response #9

Yes, you can embed grooveshark code same as playlist.com, but not as pretty.

There's also another one at Hypster.com A bit harder because there are so many options.

Neither of these can be used for songs in the CC Playlist Generator.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 1:22 PM - Response #10

Thanks, Jack. I was able to embed a Grooveshark playlist on my home page. How do I keep the playlist playing while moving around to other pages on our website?

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 5:35 PM - Response #11

To get music to play, the code need to reside in another page otherwise the music will stop once you switch pages.

A popup player is the cleanest way to do this. It's not difficult, just a series of steps involving javascript, link html on your page and creating a page you store in your file vault.

Here's a link to just the page you need to create that I created for a demo some time back LINK

You'd have to edit that page and replace with YOUR grooveshark embed code and then save that to your file vault using the editor LINK tool.

Edit this LINK is your player

So that's step 1. Step 2 is creating the script to make a popup and pull in that player in a tidy little window.

You can test step1 by just linking to your page just like I did.

If that's something that is of interest I can post an example that you can inspect with a browser view source.

Edited 03/23/14 6:16 PM
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 4:53 PM - Response #12

Thanks for responding so quickly, Jack. But I am not tech savvy at all, and what you explained is just confusing to me. I clicked on the link you had, but how do I embed my Grooveshark code through that link. And where
is my file vault? Sad

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 7:17 PM - Response #13

Generally the file vault is where you store stuff.

For example you stored the image on your home page in the "image" file vault CLICK ME to see your image. See the URL that is shown, that's your file vault called "image".

You stored it there by clicking the Image icon in the editor - top, 2nd from left. That's the image file vault. If you click that icon, you can also click File Vault and you will see the images you have stored there.

The "file" file vault is very similar. This is accessed by clicking the LINK icon, second row, third from the right.

You can upload ANYTHING in the "file" area.

Make sense so far?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.