ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deceased with a profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/19/09 08:39 PM Views: 1299 Replies: 8
Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Just wondering....if someone has already signed on and has a profile, if I go in & marked them deceased, does it erase everything they typed in their profile? I would like for other class mates to be able to see what he typed about his HS memories.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 8:42 PM - Response #1

That's exactly how it works. At the end of your In Memory entry a link back to the last Profile (if there was one) is automatically appended. That link can be turned on or off by you, but it's there by default the moment you save the In Memory entry for the Classmate.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 8:49 PM - Response #2

Thank you.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 9:32 PM - Response #3

Two more question on this same profile....

1) He has some previous comments on his profile & they moved under the memory page and kind of looks weird as we were "talking" with him before his passing. It seems like these should be on the original profile page and this page left for new comments...

2) Another classmate filled out the In Memory Contact Us page with the information, but I don't see that is copied into his profile nor do I see a place to enter in the information - cause of death, age at death, etc. Is there an area to list that on the memory page?

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 9:43 PM - Response #4

RE: # 2 --- I did see that was suppose to go into the comments field. Might look nice like you have it like you do on the form that is filled out. I use the comments field for the newpaper announcement/obituary.... Just a suggestion.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM - Response #5

Eearly on it became clear any type of one size fits all approach to the In Memory area wasn't going to work. So we simply made it a free form edit area. You can enter the entries in any format you wish. I'm going to check into your Comments issue above tomorrow. I didn't realize it was doing that. I can ceratinly see how that could pretty quickly lead to inappropriate comments appearing below the In Memory entry that were perfectly appropriate under the regular Profile when the Classmate was still alive. We'll have to adjust that.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 10:23 AM - Response #6

Hi Brad --- just checking on the status of this. I am not sure if I should just delete the old comments or not. If you are able to move them that would be fantastic. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM - Response #7

Leave them, we'll take care of this. I need to free up a programmer to get this done. Around here that's a little tough to do, but we will get to this shortly.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM - Response #8

Thanks --- it seems some are already postng on the memory page...but it is just the 3 that are older. I will keep an eye out to see if they get moved.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.