ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email survey to reunion attendees only

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/13/23 12:06 AM Views: 367 Replies: 7
Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 12:06 AM

I was planning to email a survey to the reunion attendees only.
I read that I would create survey, grab the link and put that in the email. I would only check the attendees from the email listing.

However, (correct me if I am wrong), If I activate the survey, it will be open for all to see on the home page?

Is there a way a survey can be sent and answered by the reunion attendees only?

Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 11:22 AM - Response #1

Make the survey active, copy the URL, inactivate the survey and send the link to the reunion attendees.

The survey will not appear on the site and can only be accessed via the URL.

Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 1:08 PM - Response #2

Thank you FC Bock,

I was able to set up the way you explained. Only problem I have is that when classmate gets email with the survey link and they click on it, they will have to log in to answer it. Then they have to go back to the email to access the survey.
I know there is verbiage in the survey, and I also mentioned it in my email to log in first. However, I am getting complaints from classmates that it is extra steps to get it done.
It would be nice if when they open their email, log in to the website, it would loop back to the survey without them having to go back to their emails to access the survey.
Is this possible?
Meg

Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 2:55 PM - Response #3

Don't know of any way to accomplish what you want. One must be logged on to respond to the survey.

If you've made it clear in your e-mail the need to log on before clicking on the link you've done all you can.

Monday, May 15, 2023 at 1:42 PM - Response #4

It should do was you describe. It does for my site (Responsive). If I click on an email link to a Survey that is only viewable logged in, after I log in, it goes to that page.

Perhaps they do not realize they do not have to log in first. Just click on the email link, THEN log in on the page presented and there they are at the Survey page.

Meg Davis wrote:

Thank you FC Bock,
It would be nice if when they open their email, log in to the website, it would loop back to the survey without them having to go back to their emails to access the survey.
Is this possible?
Meg

Edited 05/15/23 1:44 PM
Monday, May 15, 2023 at 8:32 PM - Response #5

I also have the responsive design. If I click on the link to the survey in the e-mail to the class it takes me to that page shows the survey along with the message that I must be logged on to respond. Logging on takes me to the home page just as Meg describes. Perhaps there is a setting you have that is causing it to act differently?

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

It should do was you describe. It does for my site (Responsive). If I click on an email link to a Survey that is only viewable logged in, after I log in, it goes to that page.

Perhaps they do not realize they do not have to log in first. Just click on the email link, THEN log in on the page presented and there they are at the Survey page.

Meg Davis wrote:

Thank you FC Bock,
Is this possible?
Meg

Monday, May 15, 2023 at 10:52 PM - Response #6

AT least on my site (which is not Responsive Design), when I use Edit Site Pages to set the survey page link to "Restrict to Classmates Only", and then give the survey link to members, they will arrive on the Restricted page - forcing them to log in - and are then taken to the survey when they do.

Monday, May 15, 2023 at 11:30 PM - Response #7

John,

You've revealed the setting that makes the magic Jack described happen! When I initially activated the survey to get the URL I did not go to Edit Pages and restrict it to Classmates Only prior to inactivating it.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.