ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

discrepancy on reunion attendance lists

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/02/11 09:23 PM Views: 1180 Replies: 3
Friday, September 2, 2011 at 9:23 PM

In doing some checking, I discovered something that is potentially troubling. I noted that for the 1939 alumni, there are 4 which have indicated they are coming and now I have discovered only two are listed on the reunion attendees list. Why is this? I wonder how many more we have that are so indicated and we don't know about? Is there a way to find this out and even prevent this from happening? Thx

Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 11:46 PM - Response #1

Classmates can indicate that they INTEND to attend the reunion by going to their EDIT PROFILE page and selecting YES, NO, or MAYBE from the Attending Reunion question. This is to let other classmates know that they are going to try to go to your reunion. A pop-up box lets them know that they really aren't registering for the reunion and need to go to your "100th Anniv Gala" link to actually sign up for the reunion.

The Reunion Planner, REPORTS can give you a list of those who have purchased your reunion tickets.

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 11:43 PM - Response #2

Would be nice if we could generate a list (with email addresses and class years) of those show said Yes and Maybe but haven't yet registered. This is so we could send out a gentle reminder or two. Can you help on this without doing lots of manual, time-consuming work?

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 12:18 PM - Response #3

Hi Joe,

In order to get what you're looking for, the simplest way is to download the class list (all 29,000 records) as an excel file, open it in Excel and sort it by the "Attending Reunion" column, (with a secondary sort by class year and a tertiary by last name if you want). That will give you just those who are considering attending. You can then copy those to another worksheet and work exclusively with them (which will be much easier than working with the entire list). Then you can sort by year, separate out those who have email addresses entered, etc.

This is a relatively few steps to get what you need in order to do followup contact with all those who have expressed interest in the reunion. I know it's not as simple as you'd like, but your suggestion is a good one and I think we should put it on the wishlist for future development of ClassCreator.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.