ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Question/Suggestion (non Upgrade Related)

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/17/13 08:53 AM Views: 876 Replies: 4
Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I've had a suggestion from a member to add something to the profiles pages - possibly as a dropdown - of all members with birthdays within the next 7 days. I see where this may help those who follow these things closely, I got to thinking. In their profiles, members select whether to show their birthdays or not. So, if there were such a feature added, would it exclude those who un-check that box?

Further thinking (dangerous) - is there any way for admins to see in one place those who unchecked the box or checked the box? I know many admins display this month's birthdays on their homepage but short of checking each of those profiles individually, how would they know if someone did not want their birthday shared?

Just some thoughts....

Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM - Response #1

I will gladly pass this on the suggestion, Barbara F.

To answer your question, the suggestion would exclude those who have chosen NOT to share their birth date with other members.

Then you asked that "dangerous" question, "is there any way for admins to see in one place those who unchecked the box or checked the box?" Not to my knowledge. However, as I share the suggestion, we'll ask for a definite answer on this.

Thanks for the "dangerous" laugh, Barbara F! Smile

Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:30 AM - Response #2

While your suggestion is one that we can consider for the future on the Classmate Profiles page, you do already have access to such a list. If you go to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for Homepage > Look at the list of Right Modules... locate the one called Birthdays and check the Active checkbox to turn this on as one of the modules on your homepage. If you want for only logged in members to view this module, then also check the box for Logged In.

Friday, October 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM - Response #3

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

While your suggestion is one that we can consider for the future on the Classmate Profiles page, you do already have access to such a list. If you go to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for Homepage > Look at the list of Right Modules... locate the one called Birthdays and check the Active checkbox to turn this on as one of the modules on your homepage. If you want for only logged in members to view this module, then also check the box for Logged In.

Well - DUH!!! Forgot about that. I have added it back to display. Thanks Scott. Though I would still like to be able to see a list of how people answered that question. Laughing

Friday, October 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM - Response #4

I'll forward that other suggestion for future consideration.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.