ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Need HELP with new site!

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/22/10 10:54 AM Views: 2172 Replies: 20
Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 10:54 AM

HELP! I just began creating a new second site. I did the set-up - got a domain name, did some editing on the homepage...was trying to do more editing and then did something (??) and now discovered I never updated my own profile so now I can't get into admin functions. When I try to open the new domain name, I am getting all sorts of roboform errors. Please let me know what I need to do.

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 10:57 AM - Response #1

What is the name of your site? www.classcreator.com/???? name of your site?

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM - Response #2

http://www.classcreator.com/Massapequa-NY-Plainedge-1964

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 11:04 AM - Response #3

I get the same thing:
ROR: You are not authorized for this page. [3177477,,14]

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM - Response #4

Did I accidentally do something to cause this? I had been editing pages without a problem.

Edited 05/22/10 11:07 AM
Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 11:20 AM - Response #5

I think it was a recent programming change. There was a bug that had to do with unverified classmates with admin privileges, but they probably aren't checking if that admin is the ROOT ADMIN (which you are)

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM - Response #6

I'd say that's it. This is what I receive 5 of when I call up the site. After I click NO..I can then get the login page but I never set up a password for myself yet and I have it set to require Admin approval. Is there way around it?

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 11:40 AM - Response #7

I'm going to send this to a programmer for review, but I'd definitely disable the roboform software you have running if it's erroring like this.

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 11:45 AM - Response #8

I ran CCleaner and re-booted and now that's gone. I don't even have/use roboform and my D drive is my CD drive which is empty. Very odd.

But - I still can't get into my site.

Edited 05/22/10 11:46 AM
Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 11:55 AM - Response #9

I can't get into her site either. I don't use roboform.

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 12:16 PM - Response #10

Wait I'm confused, the domain name www.plainedge1964.com has been linked to this site. I can go to the site without issue. Can you describe specifically what the problem is?

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 12:22 PM - Response #11

She is the admin. It says one member needs verification. The member is HER. She doesn't have admin privileges to approve herself.

There was a bug that had to do with unverified classmates with admin privileges, but they probably aren't checking if that admin is the ROOT ADMIN.

When you are logged in as the Root Admin, there is no Admin Functions section in the left-hand menus.

Edited 05/22/10 12:23 PM
Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 12:38 PM - Response #12

Precisely! I was doing OK until I checked off that I wanted new members to be verified first on the Preferences page. That's when I got locked out. In fact, I did not even set up a profile for myself and I did not set a personal password either. Only a system password.

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 9:08 PM - Response #13

So, I'm just verifying. Has this been turned over to a programmer?

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 9:12 PM - Response #14

Yes, it has been assigned. He doesn't come in to work until Monday.

If you are anxious, and since you cannot do anything until Monday, I would be happy to delete your website and you can start again - this time don't turn on the Classmate Verification feature yet.

It is up to you.

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 10:15 PM - Response #15

Yes, OK. Let's try that. I had not done that much editing yet so I can jus start over if you delete it. Just let me know once it's gone, please. Thanks.

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 10:41 PM - Response #16

It's gone. You can still use the same Domain Name, but you will need to set it up again: plainedge1964.com

Sorry it took so long.

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 5:41 PM - Response #17

Thanks. I'm moving right along now. Will you let me know when/if I can turn on the verification of new members again?

Another question....in the 1964 History/Videos section, one of the You Tube videos (world's fair) says it has been removed by the user when you click to start it. Is there a way to remove it totally from the page if that's the case - so that people don't click and then see that message?

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 6:57 PM - Response #18

PHS '64 Site Administrator wrote:

...Is there a way to remove it totally from the page if that's the case - so that people don't click and then see that message?

Barbara - those history things come from a third party source, not Class Creator. CC doesn't have any control over the content.

The videos they use may have been removed by the originator without The People History knowing it. You can go to this page to report a problem with their content.

Edited 05/24/10 6:58 PM
Monday, May 24, 2010 at 7:53 PM - Response #19

I realize they are third party. However, CC is automatically genrating the source code for the page - based on your school year. If I try to edit, I can't see the source code. If I go directly to People History's page for that year, there is lots more content there including a different 1964 World's Fair You Tube that does work.

I don't mind contacting them about the problem but I'm at a loss to tell them exactly what url is having the problem - since what I m seeing on CC is different from what I am seeing at their site for 1964. Is it an RSS feed?

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 9:26 PM - Response #20

The 1964 Worlds Fair has been removed. It will not show up again on the 1964 videos.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.