ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Alumni Assoc. Website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/17/14 10:41 PM Views: 764 Replies: 8
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Hi,

I know that we have been talking about a central {umbrella-like ] website for Alumni Associations. Our School has several CC class sites that we'd like to link to an overall Alumni website. Our hope is to continue to sell other classes on CC to develop their own CC class sites.

I just came from an Alumni Board mtg. where they wanted to fund the Alumni Website, but they have in mind the ability to send emails to alumni, like an e-newsletter, have membership forms on site, use a paypal acct, to accept dues, etc.

In reviewing the threads here on this subject, it doesn't appear that the CC Alumni website will be that sophisticated, and we should seek out another source to develop our Alumni site. I am just trying to get some clarification b4 reporting back to the Board.

Thanks again of time for your time, Nancee

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM - Response #1

We would love to see something like this also.

I maintain 4 alumni websites for various schools which are under the umbrella of our Alumni Association. All communication has to be sent out under each separate site.

We have had people interested in paying dues, etc but we don't have capabilities of keeping up with dues, etc.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM - Response #2

Supposedly....Brad said that was in the works...but who knows what way CC is going..they talked about having church & community groups, too.
Send an email to Brad..to see what the status is about that.
Randall Brown Turnage wrote:

We would love to see something like this also.

I maintain 4 alumni websites for various schools which are under the umbrella of our Alumni Association. All communication has to be sent out under each separate site.

We have had people interested in paying dues, etc but we don't have capabilities of keeping up with dues, etc.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 4:56 PM - Response #3

Based on market research is was determined a dedicated church system wouldn't be in the best interest of business. Far more people are actually using the system for neighborhoods and homeowners association, which is something we're looking at right now.

We're looking at a different multi year setup as well. Not to mention a new Event Planner that was delayed more than once, and is now awaiting our lead programmer on the project to return from Maui, where he's honeymooning with his new wife.

We'll keep you posted on all future developments, including sending any significant changes via email as always.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 10:59 PM - Response #4

Thanx Brad...we(grandgirls) and I are making brownies this wkend for a fundraiser on Sunday...buuuuuuttt you haven't launched the new Event Planner..sooooooo NO Brownies for you!!!!RazzRazzTwisted EvilTwisted Evil Sorry......you have to earn my brownies and you guys have let us down when it comes to the Reunion Planner. WinkWinkRolling EyesRolling Eyes

Brad Switzer wrote:

Based on market research is was determined a dedicated church system wouldn't be in the best interest of business. Far more people are actually using the system for neighborhoods and homeowners association, which is something we're looking at right now.

We're looking at a different multi year setup as well. Not to mention a new Event Planner that was delayed more than once, and is now awaiting our lead programmer on the project to return from Maui, where he's honeymooning with his new wife.

We'll keep you posted on all future developments, including sending any significant changes via email as always.

Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM - Response #5

From what I have heard, it is not going to be a let down and we all (hopefully) realize that when dealing with another company such as PayPal, there will be I(s) to be dotted and T(s) to be crossed. Though I really wanted the two classes I am assisting to have the Event Planner, I'm okay (not thrilled) waiting for things to be completed. As Brad stated here and in last night's TAP live chat, the planner is waiting for the lead programmer to return from his honeymoon. Oops... planner meet groom. Groom, congratulations! We'll see you when you get back. Smile

Now I am envisioning a mini version of a brownie wedding cake. Say, when are you sharing that recipe, Dar? Cool

Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 1:07 PM - Response #6

@ Gwen...it's my secret recipe...if you are good you might get some. All kidding aside..we are making them for a fundraiser for Cat Guardians' Garden Party on Sunday. CG is a no kill-cat shelter. The smallest one is DuPage Co. I have been with the founder Kathy Blackwell since she started. They are a 501(c)3...and do good work..they spun off Feral Fixers..which is a trap, neuter, release org.

Brad said it would be at least 3 wks before his head programmer gets back..so I think it's about a month away til launch..then the bugs have to be worked out...I hate bugs...RazzRazz. I will use it to test the waters with the Reunion Committee's registration.

Great to be in chat last nite.....sorry I kinda took over..but I was on a roll..thanx for letting me vent and tell others to beware!!!!ShockedCool

Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 5:50 PM - Response #7

Knock on wood, the new Event Planner has been very well tested.

Bear in mind the current Reunion Planner is working just fine. The new one Jessica designed is just a whole lot better.

Stay tuned. Despite some unfortunate delays this one's worth the wait.

Edited 06/19/14 5:51 PM
Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM - Response #8

Telling others to 'step back, Dar is on a roll' is something I felt comfortable saying as you roll with things ... well, at times you roll with things... last night you were driving the steam roller! Wink It is not something everyone would accept as you do. We had too much practice in the old days of AOL chat rooms where the atmosphere was light and fun.

Details. Details. Details. I do not have exact dates but my guess is that since the lead programmer is already on his honeymoon.... he might be back on the planner sooner than you think. Then again, I understand it is not easy to leave Maui. Smile

Bake brownies and more. The new event planner will be here before you know it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.