ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Wrong person getting emails from us

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/07/14 07:53 PM Views: 750 Replies: 5
Monday, July 7, 2014 at 7:53 PM

We have a classmate who has not updated his email for 4 years. Someone now in his workplace position has been receiving his emails that we send out and have just now let us know this. How do we as admins go in and change that email address?

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 9:35 AM - Response #1

Try doing a search of the email in the Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates SEARCH box. You can search for a partial email address, like "@aol.com" and see all classmates with that partial email address, too.

I don't recommend posting the email address here in the forums because they are public forums. If you wanted to contact us with a private CONTACT US email, we could search the entire system for the email address in question.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 10:01 AM - Response #2

Why can't you just go in to "manage/edit classmates" and delete the current address and let them contact the administrator to add a new address? If they can't keep up to date, maybe they aren't even looking at the site anymore.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM - Response #3

One problem with the admin changing the primary address is that is also the user login name. You would definitely need to contact the person so they are aware to change how they log in.

I try NOT to change the email without discussing it with the member.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 11:01 AM - Response #4

To me, the best thing to do is to look at the member's 'details' under Manage Classmates. If there is a second email address, try using that to contact the member. If there is not a second email address but there is a phone number, pick up the phone and call.

On the other hand, I generated a profile question asking 'are you on Facebook' with a follow-up question asking for the url to their timeline. If that is not available, I search for them on Facebook. The only problem searching on Facebook is when the name is a common one.

If the phone and Facebook do not work and there is a postal address.... write a note. Wink

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM - Response #5

Delete their current email..then give the classmate a phone call or contact him/her by snail mail. You can change a classmates email as an admin..we do it all the time..some people have problems doing that.
I hope this helps. Question

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.