ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

cHANGE DOMAIN NAME

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/19/09 06:10 PM Views: 1132 Replies: 4
Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Hi Brad.... our reunion is over but I want to keep the site up for pictures and chatting but my domain name is www.2ndandcheltehnamreunion.com... how can I change it to remove the word reunion? Let me know if this is possible... Thanks for all you do I got so many compliments about the site. Karen Naids

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 7:12 PM - Response #1

Hi Karen,

There is no way to edit a domain name to make it shorter. You can purchase a second domain name that can be pointed to the site as well if you wish.

Your current domain name: 2ndandcheltenhamreunion.com is valid through September 20, 2010.

If you wanted to purchase the a shorter name without the reunion at the end you could add that and point both domains to the site until the first one ends. If you choose to do that let me know and I can assist you with pointing one domain to the other.

The other advantage of having both overlap for a while is to notify site participants of the name change and to have them update any bookmarks they have with the old name on it.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 7:15 PM - Response #2

I would like to change the name and get rid of reunion if you can let me know how to do that it would be great... Karen Naids

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 7:18 PM - Response #3

The only way to change it would be to purchase the new shorter name. If you don't want to point the old name to the new name you do not have to - it might help current users find the site though.

I will have the classnames.net system email you your user name and password in case you don't have it handy - you can use that to login and purchase the new domain and then you can log into your site admin and click on Register Domain under Admin functions and change the name that is listed there and it will ONLY use the new name.

If you want me to add a forward to the old name I can once the new name is in place.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 7:55 PM - Response #4

Thanks so much..I would like the password.. Karen

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.