ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Missing Images and Music

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/01/14 04:12 PM Views: 1144 Replies: 7
Friday, August 1, 2014 at 4:12 PM

In place of images/photos that appeared on the Home Page and IN MEMORY widget no longer appear. In their place is an exclamation point contained within a circle. In addition the music that was uploaded to the IN MEMORY, 50 YEAR REUNION and Photo Gallery is gone as well. This started yesterday afternoon. Everything came back briefly this afternoon and now is gone again. Even the number of members on line message is blank.

Bonnie

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM - Response #1

Never reference third party images (hosted on other systems) if you want to ensure the images will work indefinitely. Better to save the image to your computer then upload it to the Class Creator system. Then place on your page. This way you're not reliant on a third party continuing to host the image, never alter the file name or path, etc.

I checked a few of your missing music pages and the music played on all of them. You may be having a local issue, not sure. Everything appears fine with the music.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM - Response #2

I misspoke = All of the images are actually photos uploaded from my photo gallery from my own laptop not third party images. The photos do not appear and no music plays. All of the third party images are fine.

My photo gallery pictures are all present but again no music. The music was uploaded from my own system as well.

Bonnie

Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM - Response #3

All right, let's take it one thing at a time here. Give me a specific page to click on that isn't loading photos. Or music if you want to start there. We'll take it one at a time until resolved. The only images I see missing reference third party hosts, and I still can't find any missing music. Plays fine here. Make sure you have the latest and greatest Flash plugin from Adobe.com.

Monday, August 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM - Response #4

When I checked the website this morning, everything was working fine. 30 minutes later the problem exists again. The IN MEMORY has both pictures and music missing. I created a slideshow with the pictures of the deceased classmates while the music played. I also had a yearbook slideshow on the Homepage but I have changed the homepage and removed this slideshow.
The music is missing from 50 YEAR REUNION and CLASS PHOTOS.

Thanks,
Bonnie

Monday, August 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM - Response #5

Bonnie please watch this video: http://screencast.com/t/4olIYV2msS

Friday, June 23, 2017 at 8:28 PM - Response #6

I haven't logged in for awhile and noticed that many of my images I used on my homepage and in other places on the site have disappeared.
When I tried loading a new image I made, it won't let me get past the missing URL. If it is my photo, it won't have a URL.
I would also like to keep my icons/images in a place where others don't have access (I don't want to create a gallery, in other words). Where can I stash the images?

Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 1:31 AM - Response #7

Where you see "Inline Image Not Displayed" you had an image that was literally pasted into the editor. It's not a link but the actual code bits for the image. That was removed as a valid option a few years(?) ago. Replace those with an image you upload using the editor.

In your file vault, you can create new folders to store whatever you like. Only admins would have access to this area. The editor image and link tool icons give you access to the file vault.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.