ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Domain Name registration/link

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/07/11 09:01 PM Views: 1182 Replies: 4
Monday, March 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I registered a domain name with Classnames.net and then came back and put it in our Class Creator site. When I type in the actual domain name www.Dixon87.com it brings up a page saying it's password protected instead of a log-in page. What am I doing wrong? Help!

Kim
Dixon High '87 Site Administrator

Monday, March 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM - Response #1

Works fine for me. Try refreshing your browser (View/Reload or View/Refresh)

Monday, March 7, 2011 at 9:11 PM - Response #2

I think I fixed it...I had the home page marked with a password by mistake. Thanks!

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM - Response #3

KYLE: I loged in to the Domain Name registration/link
filled out all the information to get a domain name for my class.

My problem is The price that they quote is not the price that is shown on CC site of $17.95 a year for 5 years and it seems as I can't get a .com domain!

Recommended domain name for your class:
www.Roswell,N.M.ELCOYOTE63.com

If you wish to reserve the above name, or any other name, you may do so now. The cost for a domain name is:

1 year: $ 19.95/yr.
2 years: $ 18.95/yr.
5 years: $ 17.95/yr.

I tried several different things.

NOT sure what to do, as I have given my credit card etc. info. QuestionQuestionEvil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM - Response #4

Hi Bill,

The domain was entered with commas and periods which are not allowed characters in a domain name. The commas and spaces were somehow making the domain show us as roswell.co which is not the name you were looking for and the .co extension as well as several other custom extensions are more than the .com/.net/.org/.us/.info etc. that are standard pricing.

I removed the unallowed charcaters leaving the domain as: RoswellNMELCOYOTE63.com and added that to your cart at classnames.net in case you want to go with that domain. You may want to consider the shorter ELCOYOTE63.com instead - this domain is also available.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.