ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Powerpoint Insert

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/07/10 01:40 AM Views: 1413 Replies: 7
Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Hi!
I am trying to upload a copy of a Powerpoint Presentation that I saved as a swf file in the File Vault. How do I get it onto the Edit Customizable link 3??
Thanks!
Janice

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 9:11 AM - Response #1

There is no way to get the presentation to show up in "Customizable link 3". You can only get a LINK to the presentation to show up.

You can create an image of the presentation by going to power point, copying one of the pages, saving it as a jpg file (you can do a screen copy or if there is an image in the power point, save the image).

Then you can upload the image, put the image on the custom page, select the image and put a link around the image to your presentation. Then when the classmates click the image, they will be taken to the link which will play the presentation.

Or you can just say "Click HERE for the presentation", select the text you want to become a link, click on INSERT/EDIT LINK, click on FILE VAULT, select the presentation, click INSERT, then OK to create the link.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 at 11:20 PM - Response #2

Sorry, you're dealing with a REAL amateur - I still can't get the link on the page - the text is there, but can't click it.
Thanks!
JM

Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 7:03 AM - Response #3

Janice,

You did it right. you can't click on the link while in the content editor. you need to activate the page and then click on the page link on the left-side menus, then you will see the link and can click on it.

I named your page "powerpoint" so it would show up on the left side menus when you activate it. You can rename it if you want.

Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 8:25 PM - Response #4

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU - again!!! Now, if I can just get the countdown clock to work.....

Friday, December 10, 2010 at 8:57 AM - Response #5

Do you need help with the countdown clock?

The problem with your Count Down Clock announcement was that you pasted the TEXT that should have been SOURCE code. So whenever you get source code from a 3rd party provider (your count down clock website), you should click the SOURCE button on the editor before pasting the codes to your website.

I did this for you and now your count down clock is active on your website. you will need to check the date to make sure it is correct, but other than that, it is active right now.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 2:12 PM - Response #6

THANK YOU so much!!

Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM - Response #7

You're welcome!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.