ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Is it Possible -

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/21/11 11:17 AM Views: 1260 Replies: 5
Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Hi I dabble in web design and have created a couple of websites outside of ClassCreator for a graduating classes of my High School.

My question is: Can I use Class Creator to create an single site for all graduating classes segmented by year? I will admin the site since i am the contact for those that have wanted sites created in the past.

For example, each year on average, there are approximately 5 -7 Reunions for my school. Instead of creating several sites, I would like to use class creator to create one site catering to those 5-7 reunions, but have several sections of the site with information specific to their reunion. I know I can create a multi year site, but I havent really grasped what multi site allows that a single year site doesnt.

I only have a few days left for my trial and this is a deal breaker as if I will actually use it nor not.

Thanks
Shawn Corbitt
Cathedral High 85
Springfield, Ma

Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 2:05 PM - Response #1

I don't have a multi-year site, but know a little just from reading here and visiting those sort of sites. The good news is that each year has it's own list of classmates - "segmented by year".

The only thing that is going to present a problem is a Reunion where you collect money. Reunion Support for multi-year sites for some reason was not designed to keep each year easily fiscally "segregated". Maybe the new release (3.0) fixes this?

One could design around that by not using the CC system for selling tickets and just design your own. It wouldn't be all that difficult to make it clear which Reunion was being purchased and collect money accordingly. Then manually enter the figures. There's a pretty low volume, so although automatic is nicer, doing so would be very low effort.

Although few do this, you can also still design complete HTML pages, store them on CC and then have users go there. For a very simple example that you can access, see my site and click on "Donate".

Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 3:34 PM - Response #2

Hi Shawn...

Jack's got a good response above...

Also take a look at jotform.com where you could design a form to collect reunion sign-up information include payments through PayPal or Google Payments.

Once you have a template worked out, you can duplicate it for the next reunion. You can set the forms to email selected individuals each time one is complete and/or download them as CSV or Excel. This would allow individuals in each class to get updates as needed.

There's a free version to play with. (Up to 100 submissions a month.)

For $9.95 a month, you get 1,000 secure submissions and 1,000 payments. Unlimited forms. etc. For $49 a month, you get 1,000,000 submissions.

Edited 05/21/11 3:36 PM
Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 7:48 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the responses gentlemen. Your ideas will more than likely work but we often have simultaneous reunions running. Thanksgiving weekend is a popular time to have them and last year we had class of 85, 80 and 75 that all had them the same weekend. That would pose a problem, unless I created 3 individual sites, which I was trying to avoid. I guess I could continue to do what I have been doing, and use my own hosting and create the sites on my own, but I just thought that I could make it a little easier by actually using a site like ClassCreator

Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM - Response #4

3.0 will also multi year sites to plan multiple reunions simultaneously. It's actually done now but can't be released until some other 3.0 elements are complete as well. Good progress but still several weeks away.

Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM - Response #5

Thanks Brad. I will stick around and see if it fits my needs. You need any beta testers?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.