ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

bounced emails - yet another

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/10/14 12:01 PM Views: 1040 Replies: 3
Monday, March 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I've never seen so much on a single topic - and yes it's confusing, but I think also eventually understandable, if you read enough of the threads. I KNOW I saw this addressed on one of them, but can't find it again. Husband & wife both classmates and they both use the same email address; one bounces and one does not; and the email (another AOL one) is valid. (Question 1) Is the solution the usual - the bouncee needs to click on the displayed link to verify email and then it will be OK? That being said, I keep forgetting that I should not be able to write the bouncee - yet I have, and she has responded but I see that I get an error message saying that the error was displayed before (or something similar). (Question 2) Is she getting them because her husband's same email IS valid - even if she gets and responds from her own email account?

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 5:39 PM - Response #1
Janis email error.jpg

I sent her an email outside of CC (also sent it via CC). I think she is responding to my outside CC email sent to her as I don't see it in my message folder inside CC: I'll include what she sent me - a screen shot as an attachment - of the info below - Frankly I'm not certain what to tell her - can you take action from there - this one doesn't seem to quite meet the criteria I've seen in other threads ... Dick
==========================================
On 3/10/2014 3:05 PM, Janis Rodebaugh wrote:
> A message sent to your email address Mejero@aol.com has bounced. No more emails will be sent to Mejero@aol.com until problem is solved.
>
> If this email address is not correct please update your email address now. If this email address is correct contact your email provider and inquire why emails sent from noreply@classcreator.netare being bounced.
>
> Once email address issue is corrected send a verification email to yourself so emails from the system to you can resume.
>
>
> Dick, this has been at the top of my web page for at least a year. Our mejero@aol.com works fine and I tried to get rid of the msg.
> Thanks,
> Janis
>

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 5:57 PM - Response #2

The reason for the bounce is listed at:

554 5.7.1 Your mail could not be delivered because the recipient is only
accepting mail from specific email addresses. If you feel you received this
in error, please contact the recipient directly and ask them to check their
email settings. (in reply to end of DATA command)

The user will need to add noreply@classcreator.net to the list of email addresses that can email them.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 6:51 PM - Response #3

Ah - Thank you...and she just noted that the msg has disappeared...whether done by you or something else - thank you

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.