ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements Not Updating

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/01/14 03:47 PM Views: 825 Replies: 7
Friday, August 1, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I read a post about Announcements not being saved and I waited until now to see if a problem had been resolved, but I have tried several times to make an Announcement inactive without success.
I have no SAVE option after I uncheck the active box, and when I view the Home Page again it seems to be gone. However, the next time I log on the old Announcement is still being displayed.
Any recommendations?

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 6:01 PM - Response #1

I just checked everything and all is working normally.

When you toggle on or off announcements there is no need to save. The system instantly saves whenever you click anything.

I suspect you're having a browser caching system. Try setting your browser cache settings to "Automatic" (or whatever the equivalent is based on the browser you're using). I always set my browser to none, i.e. I don't ever want a page to pull from cache. I want a fresh load every single time I visit a page. I'm confident your browser is just pulling the page as it used to be from your cache. You can confirm this by clicking refresh on your browser whenever you see an announcement that shouldn't be displaying. When you refresh you'll see that it's really not there.

Friday, August 1, 2014 at 6:44 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad, That's what it must have been. I use three different browsers on two different machines and I now see one of them must have been set to none because that particular one didn't pull from cache when I used it just now, and I haven't cleared cache since I don't know when.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 7:50 PM - Response #3

Is this why I may not be getting birthday announcements? I am subscribed to all classmates (except those with bad emails - that are not really bad), but didn't get one for Dottie Brainerd Ritsko for example - I have not received one "xxx was born on this day..." since Jul 29th - Dottie's was today and Morlitz Snyder and Daniels have fallen between those dates. I checked the NOTIFY ME and it "looks" OK. Is there a possible conflict that my email is the same for two different CC sites?

Friday, August 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM - Response #4

Even if people are 'bounced' or have not responded to the Opt-In email, you can still subscribe to everyone - including those who haven't joined yet. They won't get notifies or email, but you'll still get your notifies if they do something or someone posts a comment in their profile.

Friday, August 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM - Response #5

Thanks...but the concern was primarily as to why i DID NOT get notifications for several birthdays...Today i DID get one, as expected...but three over the last week didn't arrive...

Friday, August 8, 2014 at 3:43 PM - Response #6

I am a member of a few sites using the same email address and I get emails from all of them, so I do not believe that the multiple email address issue is the cause.

Friday, August 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM - Response #7

Sorry Dick. I did understand that you were NOT getting birthday notifications for some classmates. The two reasons I've seen that cause that are not subscribing to a classmate (and you'd mentioned that you were not subscibed to some) and the fact that some classmates did not check the "Share my birthday" box in their profile. If you've checked both of those for the missing folks, I'm fresh out of ideas.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.