ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Adding a deceased person

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/02/10 10:32 AM Views: 1478 Replies: 6
Friday, April 2, 2010 at 10:32 AM

How do I add a deceased person to In Memory? I have done it before but don't remember how.

Friday, April 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM - Response #1

Edit Site Pages, Edit In Memory page. Choose deceased person from drop-down. Click the button to add them as deceased.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 8:42 PM - Response #2

how do you get the red rose to appear? i've added a classmate and now the record show nowhere not active list not on deceased? Rose Workman for Wadsworth Ohio class of 1975.

thank you.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 10:00 PM - Response #3

I'm seeing Rose (Workman) Rood on your Classmate Profiles page with the ** for In Memory and the red rose.

Edited 03/01/15 10:03 PM
Monday, March 2, 2015 at 2:58 PM - Response #4

Same here. The class profile list appears correct. But... there is something strange going on since I can see the In Memory page and the individual entries, but if I click on a name in the class profile list it tells me that I need to log in. That should go straight to the In Memory entry on the unlocked In Memory page.

Monday, March 2, 2015 at 3:14 PM - Response #5

The website you are talking about has "Profile Privacy Override", which means the classmate doesn't have a choice if the profile can be viewable by the public. So when you click on any profile that has any information, it says you must log in. The profile still has a PADLOCK icon next to it, so you must log in to see it (even though there is a work-around to first click the IN MEMORY page which is not password protected, then click the name of the classmate).

Monday, March 2, 2015 at 5:19 PM - Response #6

Kyle, you're right of course. But it surprised me since you CAN (without logging in) click on that person's name when it's shown in the home page's Profile Updated box and it will take you directly to the In Memory entry instead of trying to go to the profile. It works the same way when clicking on the name in the class profile list - but only if you're logged in.

Our class profile list is locked, so when we move someone to In Memory, we force a profile update - even if they'd never joined - by some small change like changing the default time zone, so they will show up in the home page's Profile Updated box. We have classmates who hit the home page and bail out if they don't see anything new. And for family members of the deceased classmates, it's a quick and visible way for them to go directly to the In Memory entry without a login.

Sooo.. if the current way it works is not officially a 'bug', it sure is inconsistant.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.