ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Amount Owing not showing up in Reunion Planner

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/15/09 01:42 PM Views: 1723 Replies: 8
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Hi -
The reunion tracking has been working well up until today I think. I have two classmates who have registered for the reunion and one has mailed me a check, but it does not show that they owe anything on the reunion planner page and I'm not sure why. I have gone in to try to edit and it won't let me do anything to add tickets. Is it something that they did wrong when they registered or is it something with the system? Thanks.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 4:04 PM - Response #1

It sounds like this person registered, didn't select any items for purchase, and then sent a check. That's ok, you can add the items for the Classmate:

1) Click your Reunion Planner link
2) Click the pencil icon under the Attendees column
3) Click directly on the Classmate's name
4) Click the button to edit the order
5) Add all necessary items to the cart
6) Check out for the Classmate and select the "Check" payment type
7) After you've done this the amount owning will appear on your main Attendees summary page

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 5:13 PM - Response #2

Those are exactly the steps that I was taking before writing my question. I just followed your steps again and could still not get it to work. I'm pretty sure I was able to do this before, but at least with these two classmates in particular, I cannot get it to work. Should I delete their entire registration and then re-enter their information?

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM - Response #3

No. Trust me, it works fine. I need you to tell me where exactly you're not getting it to work. You can use the cart system to add items to any Classmate's order. Are you adding the items to the cart for the Classmate, or are you getting stuck somewhere prior to that?

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 8:59 PM - Response #4

Ok, really I'm not too thick skulled! I just had someone else look at this too and follow your steps and we must still be missing something because we tried it again and it didn't work. Ok, here's the deal - two classmates only have "Reunion Registration Information" entered and nothing entered apparently for "Items John Doe has Selected". They both did enter that they have either one or two people coming, but the section below where you choose how many "tickets" they want to purchase does not show up. If I look at other classmates, I see the section of "Items XYZ Person has selected" and I can edit those numbers just fine, but these two classmates just don't have that section at all under their names. Does this make any sense?

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 12:09 AM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

No. Trust me, it works fine. I need you to tell me where exactly you're not getting it to work. You can use the cart system to add items to any Classmate's order. Are you adding the items to the cart for the Classmate, or are you getting stuck somewhere prior to that?

Brad, the two classmates are Mitzi and Dana. Each have a dinner selected (chicken or vegetarian - just checkboxes, not an item for purchase), but have a 0.00 in the Amount Owed column. When you edit these classmates, it is different than the other classmates because they don't have a "Edit Items" section.

This is how it can happen: I added a test classmate to the reunion. I didn't select anything to be purchased, so my amount owed is 0.00. When I go back in to edit, I don't have any choices to add any items. Also, if I don't select a reunion ticket, but go back in to edit, I can't ADD a reunion ticket. So there has to be a quantity before you can update quantities.

If there are three items to be purchased, if I select two of them, those two can have the quantities updated, but I can't add the third item. So if I don't select any items, then I can never update quantities.

I think the bug here is that Update Quantities needs to always show every item that can be in the shopping cart.

I don't know if they are using Reunion Planner 1 or Reunion Planner 2. (how can you tell)?

Edited 09/16/09 12:19 AM
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 12:22 AM - Response #6

Oh, geez, I'm very sorry... You're still using the old Reunion Planner, and I'm giving you directions for the current Reunion Planner. My bad! It's so rare for anyone to be on Reunion Planner I anymore that I didn't even think to check that first. In Reunion Planner I all items/orders had to originate from the Classmate. In general the Admin had limited abilities on the back end. In Reunion Planner II we updated all of that of course, but that's going to be of no consequence to you since you're on Reunion Planner I. Bottom line, with Reunion Planner I the Classmate needs to add the items (the Classmate still can now) or you need to actually log in as the Classmate and originate the order from there.

In case you're wondering, there is no cross compatibility between Reunion Planner I and Reunion Planner II. The only way to use Reunion Planner II is to press the Reset Reunion button and start anew. Thus you won't be able to use the new Reunion Planner until your next reunion. Again I apologize I didn't catch this sooner.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 7:19 AM - Response #7

Ok, at least I'm not completely crazy! Thanks for the information, now I will just try to have the individual classmates do it. If they can't figure it out, is it an option for me to delete the record they input and create my own record for them and choosing the items for them?

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 7:52 AM - Response #8

Sarah Baird wrote:

Ok, at least I'm not completely crazy! Thanks for the information, now I will just try to have the individual classmates do it. If they can't figure it out, is it an option for me to delete the record they input and create my own record for them and choosing the items for them?

I think either one of these options would work fine.

In order to login as that user (as Brad suggested), you would need to follow these steps:
1. Contact the classmate, and tell them that you are going to temporarily change their password to "sarah" (so that you will not know their password) and that after you are done, they should change it back.
2. login using the new password and make the changes
3. contact the classmate and tell them to login using the password "sarah" and then change their password back to what they want it to be.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.