ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Family website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/09/09 11:07 PM Views: 1579 Replies: 3
Friday, January 9, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I have truly enjoyed putting together our class website and I have seen some posts on family websites....I would like to create a site for my family - what is the process? Thanks in advance Brad & Class Creator Administrators.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM - Response #1

The first thing to know is Class Creator was made for Classmates. Thus although people are using it for many other purposes, you're "jury rigging" it into the Classmate framework. We'll have a true family system coming out late this year.

If you want to build a family site on Class Creator now though, the process is pretty simple:

1) Build your site
2) Edit your home page and deselect all of the options that pertain to Classmates
3) Be sure to rename your Classmate Profiles link to "Family Members" or whatever else you'd like.

There will be some sporadic instances of the word "Classmate" throughout your family site. That's just the way it is until we clone and tailor the system for families later this year.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM - Response #2

To create your site, first choose a school that will probably never be used, for example, "your school-state-1900"

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 9:00 PM - Response #3

Thank you! I may just wait until the family site is available. Thanks again Brad & administrators

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.