ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Slide Show loading request

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/02/13 02:01 PM Views: 839 Replies: 4
Monday, September 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 11.39.28 AM.jpg

I just created my first gallery--our reunion photos. Uploading wasn't a problem but when the slide show displays it runs through all the slides briefly with the message "Loading" superimposed. By the time it loads, the viewer has already seen all the images.

Some may see this as a feature but I've never seen that behavior before in a slide show. I suspect it's loading all the photos into memory. The problem with that is that i have a lot of photos & it takes a while--and it looks like the old runaway slide shows where the programmer didn't set a timer on the image display & when someone viewed it on a fast internet connection it ran at lightning speed.

I'd rather it preload just the next image or 2 and begin with the first slide. It's behavior i'm used to anyway.

I also set up a Shutterfly site so classmates could order prints. I'd think you could partner with a vendor like them so I didn't have to maintain 2 libraries. You could probably make a little extra money by offering the option of linking through to them from each picture.

Thanks

Ted

Monday, September 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM - Response #1

Agree 100% It's actually pretty easy to do what you want with the current code. It's a minor modification of the other way to show a gallery.

The other choice shows all the images in a thumbnail (I also don't care for that). All that needs to be done is to use the other format WITHOUT the thumbnails. It can be manually done, except that the editor likes to mess with the code and it has to stay in html mode.Rolling Eyes

Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM - Response #2

We have discussed these kinds of partnerships as ideas in the past and have never been able to come up with a solution that would work well for all of our needs. I will pass the suggestion along again.

Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM - Response #3

Can you just create a slide show on Shutterfly or other sites, and simply embed a link on the CC site? (i'm looking for similar methods as seen in other posts I've made) - maybe just going "link" and "embed" crazy

Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM - Response #4

Dick is right. I would create the slide show from the 3rd party site and use that site exclusively for the photo sharing. That way people can download the high res copy as well... for print.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.