ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How many sites are there?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/05/11 08:45 AM Views: 1429 Replies: 4
Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I purchased the software and domain name as a gift to our class. But we've maxed out on our storage. I need to make a proposal for donations from the class and would like some statistics to support that request. Please help with these questions:
How long has Class Creator been in business?
How many employees are in the company?
How many sites are active under the entire Class Creator umbrella?
How many of those are class reunion websites?
Is this a public or privately owned company?
What is the emergency plan if something happens to Brad? (Sorry Brad....)
Any other pertinent information that you're willing to share would be appreciated.
THANKS!
Susie

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 10:12 AM - Response #1

Here is a quote from Brad back in 2009:
The initial system was created in 2006 but was private and 100% word of mouth. It grew so rapidly in that mode though that in late 2007 we branded it "Class Creator" and released it to the public. So while it begain in 2006, it wasn't being called Class Creator until 2007.

There are between 16 and 20 employees - some part-time, some full time. Some employees working remotely in different countries, different states, etc. Some employees that have never met Brad or anyone else employed by ClassCreator.. There are suggestions made in the forums that Brad is really a robot.

Back in 2009, Brad wrote this forum entry about the employees at ClassCreator:
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....781-1EB28B411CA406E8

This information from the ClassCreator.com home page:
Number of Reunions Currently Being Planned on Class Creator (map at left):        4,290
Total Classes Using Class Creator:        13,253
Number of Classmates Using Web Sites Made with Class Creator:        991,076

ClassCreator is still a privately held company. The emergency plan and other information can be revealed by Brad if he wants.

Edited 06/05/11 10:20 AM
Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 1:12 PM - Response #2

Kyle Erickson wrote:

There are suggestions made in the forums that Brad is really a robot.

Now that sounds like something a ROBOT would say.Laughing

Another way to support Susie's request is to put this in a Return On Investment basis. IOW, what else can give you this much for your money?

Susie, if all you need is more storage, you can get 2GB for free at Dropbox.com . Just need to learn the relatively simple method of linking images (etc) from Dropbox vs CC. You can test this with any image you find on the internet. Perhaps you know this already.

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 4:26 PM - Response #3

Run out of storage?
Is it because of a large number of pictures or data?
If it is pictures that are taking up the bulk of your storage, there is an easy solution to that!
Just let me know. Wink

Steve

p.s. - Our last reunion was such a success, using CC for the first time, our reunion committee voted to extend the subscription by ten years! The CC are absolutely GREAT folks to work with!

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 5:06 PM - Response #4

Our reunion was a success and a night to remember only because of our web site. It was a grand experiment that turned out so much better than imagined, and i decide to give our class the gift of our web site for the next 10 years. At the beginning, it was believed it was our "last" reunion, etc but the web site surpassed any expectation of anyone associated with our class and the apathy diminished as if by "magic"! Brad and crew have mad e the "magic" easy, and many left our reunion actually looking forward to "the next one"! to our knowledge, this was a new experience, on all levels!
Thanks Brad an crew for helping me justify the "gift" to my husband. His high school is now actually planning theirs thru ClassCreator, and they are 1,000's of miles from where i went to school. He has actually changed his mind about going back to his also, because of you all! Thanks again! You've made a huge difference in all the reunions, making "reconnection" easy! And the web site "creation" far easier than anyone could believe! Thanks for your part in working "Miracles"!
May those with doubts soon experience the Joy of knowing that The Best is Yet to Come!Cool
You guys continue to make the seemingly Impossible, very possible! Thanks so much!

Edited 06/05/11 5:08 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.