ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Moving music box

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/21/10 10:20 PM Views: 1524 Replies: 7
Friday, May 21, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Can you tell me how to move my music from the left column onto the homepage that plays when you log onto our site?
Thanks

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 3:03 AM - Response #1

Sorry, where do I go on your site to see the music player you're referring to? I clicked your Music Player navigation link but that page is blank.

Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 12:34 PM - Response #2

Hi Brad,
Don't know what happened. It's there now. Could you kindly go into my site and place it on my homepage? So many alumni enjoyed the music so much. I appreciate your doing this for me.
Thanks very much

Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM - Response #3

Yes I could do that. But if I do it then you won't learn how to do it. I'd prefer you try it first.

First, you really don't have a music player on that page, just a button that launches a new Playlist window. It would be far better if you actually embed your Playlist. Give it a whirl, just click the FAQs link above, click Questions About Building Your Site, and read Question #20.

If you want to try putting it on your music page first to ensure you don't mess up anything on your home page, that's fine. The process for putting it on your home page is the same though.

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 10:37 AM - Response #4

Thanks Brad,
You have a good point. I'll give it whirl!!

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 12:09 PM - Response #5

Ok. Frustrated isn't the word. I have the playlist pasted. It plays perfect but I have been reading the procedure and just can't get it to fit properly on my homepage. Can you resize this for me Brad and then reply with the steps I missed? Then I'll know for the next time, and when I'm adding more songs. thank you.

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 12:20 PM - Response #6

Diane,

Please paste the code for your playlist here in the forum so we can review it. We will help you step by step to get this working.

THX

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 12:28 PM - Response #7

Diane,

I fixed your announcement. You just need to activate it now. There is a graphic/counter at the top of the announcement that doesn't seem to be working.

The procedure is to click on the SOURCE button and search for all of the WIDTH in the source. If the number after it is > 390, change it to 390. The number 390 is if you have the playlist in an announcement which is what you have. After all of the widths are changed, it will display right.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.