ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Full-featured editing for Profiles

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/13/12 07:56 PM Views: 1620 Replies: 22
Monday, February 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

How about allowing the Profiles to have all the creative editing features that the Forums have (images, links, formatting, etc.)?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM - Response #1

Those are already allowed if you know HTML code. Any HTML code you paste in any of the input boxes will be executed when the profile is viewed. For example, you can create a link to the spouse's profile in the Spouse Name field if you insert the correct link attributes. You can include an image if you add the IMG tag.

In my opinion, simpler is better for classmates. Especially the older classmates (no offense to you older classmates/admins out there). I think all of the buttons, VIEW SOURCE, etc. would just be confusing for them.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 10:00 AM - Response #2

Simple is good! Smile

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM - Response #3

Kyle Erickson wrote:

In my opinion, simpler is better for classmates. Especially the older classmates (no offense to you older classmates/admins out there). I think all of the buttons, VIEW SOURCE, etc. would just be confusing for them.

None taken and I agree.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM - Response #4

@Kyle...watch it buddy!!!! Rolling EyesWink You're gonna be old soon too..Just Kidding!!!Laughing No offense taken. Most peeps want simple. Leave the fancy stuff to use who know HTML code..or are learning it. Thanx to CC...I have learned some HTML Code...and having a ball with it. I luv the widgets..which of course is html already done for ya.

I already link two spouses together. You have to remember tho..you can't link them if only 1 of the spouses has joined.

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Those are already allowed if you know HTML code. Any HTML code you paste in any of the input boxes will be executed when the profile is viewed. For example, you can create a link to the spouse's profile in the Spouse Name field if you insert the correct link attributes. You can include an image if you add the IMG tag.

Edited 02/14/12 11:18 AM
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 2:29 PM - Response #5

Agreed, simple for us "oldies, but goodies".........Laughing

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 4:07 PM - Response #6

Speaking of editing profiles, I, as root administrator, cannot figure out how to get into the registration page to answer the questions I put on their for classmates to answer! I would bet it is something simple, but this old, decrepit brain can't figure it out!!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM - Response #7

Lynn,

When you click your REGISTRATION link, at the top, you will see a green title with white text. Click on the word "(EDIT)" inside of that title. Then edit your information.

However, "REGISTRATION REGISTRATION DETAILS" is a little strange. The first "REGISTRATION" is the actual name of your reunion (according to your reunion link).

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 4:23 PM - Response #8

I agree simple is better. The problem is that most classes have a variety of members. Some classmates may be intimidated by a bunch of editing icons, but others want to use those features. And for those people, html is certainly not as simple as clicking on an icon.

Using html in the Profiles raises another question. Last night I tried to make a small help file on a CC gallery page to show our members how to make a link in their Profiles with html. When I saved the file, the html was executed and the result showed in the saved file. Is there any way around this so I can show people the html?

(I know about the Profile's Homepage link, but it shows the whole URL and some people want to link to something other than a home page.)

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM - Response #9

Kyle,
That didn't work. I only get the first questions - not the ones I edited. Next suggestion please?

As for the "registration, registrationn", I'm not sure how that happened. My co-admin did that page and would not have done that deliberatly. How to fix it?Confused

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM - Response #10

Lynn,

Which question(s) are you missing?

To fix "Registration Registration", call the name of the reunion "2012 reunion" or something besides "Registration"

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM - Response #11

I think there were ten questions that you said were fixed? I added questions that took it up to 25. (Best school memory, worst, hobbies, states lived in, etc.) I see them answered by some members when I verify them, but I can't seem to get there.
Lynn

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 5:00 PM - Response #12

Lynn,

Please be specific. WHICH QUESTIONS ARE YOU MISSING?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM - Response #13

How to show HTML - you need to do some letter/keyword substitution see HERE
Google search "html for showing html" Some are easy but being phased out.

Edited 02/14/12 5:37 PM
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM - Response #14

Thanks, Jack

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM - Response #15

Actually, I just found, and filled them out. However, when I chose one of the profile viewing questions, it said I couldn't do that until I joined the site. Didn't I do that when I signed up as Admin?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM - Response #16

Lynn,

Sorry, I don't understand your question. What "profile viewing questions" are you choosing? Where can I find those in the product so I can try to see what you are seeing?

Your problem might be that you have TWO classmates who are YOU.

http://www.pioneers62-50threunion.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=4771407
http://www.pioneers62-50threunion.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=4901392

Both of these classmates are YOU. You should probably delete one of them. or merge them somehow. 4771407 is probably your Root Admin because it has the lowest number meaning that classmate was added before the 4901392 classmate.

You probably got your second YOU when you uploaded your classmate information.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM - Response #17

Yes, thanks, Jack.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM - Response #18

The additional questions are under "Profile Generator". I deleted one of the two listings for me and filled out the questions from the profile generator.

I changed "Registration Registration" to 50th Reunion Registration, but now the Registration page shows up as "50th Reunion" and a person fresh to the site doesn't know where to register! If I don't put anything for the event will it go back to just "registration"?

And, I'm still having trouble uploading pictures next to text without replacing text. I tried making a table but couldn't figure out how to get the picture in the box!

(Is everyone as much of a pain as I am?)

Thanks again Kyle, I truly appreciate all your help.
Lynn

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 8:11 AM - Response #19

Lynn,

To answer those questions for yourself, click on EDIT PROFILE. Or because you are the Admin, you can Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, search for your name, click the PROFILE button, then fill out the questions that way.

If you are having trouble with pictures inside of a table, tell me what page you want me to look at and I will take a look and see if I can help you.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM - Response #20

Kyle,
I have tried drawing a box but I can't figure out how to get the picture in it. Two instances: "Pioneer Pictures - while editing the page I managed to get the two pictures up (football and track) but when I go back to the page after editing, the pictures aren't there.

On the agenda page, I got in the girl with the hula hoop but she is displacing text. If you can see it, there is a box up by Friday night in which I was trying to put a picture of a pizza. Didn't work.

Thank you again for your help. I am totally clueless when it comes to tables - other than what you told me previously. Oh, when creating a box, the setup pg says that columns cannot be zero. What if I don't want any columns?

Lynn

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM - Response #21

Yep, K.I.S.S works for me! Thanks Kyle.Very Happy

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 8:48 PM - Response #22

Lynn,

Let me know if this sounds like what you want to do with your Pioneer Pictures page.

Right now when I click on PIONEER PICTURES page, at the top is info about the coach. Down at the bottom is the three photo galleries.

If I understand right, you probably want the information about the coach INSIDE of the gallery called "Coach Sullivan". Is this right?

If so, do the following:
Gallery Creator,
Edit the PIONEER PICTURES page
DELETE everything in the editor contents area. (I already noticed you had all of the same information on the "Coach Sullivan" gallery, so we can just delete it from here)
Click on CONTINUE button

Now when you go to PIONEER PICTURES, the "Coach Sullivan" information won't appear until you click on the "Coach Sullivan" gallery.

TABLES - you cannot have a table without any columns. It needs at least one column and at least one row.

It seems like all you really want is a border around the image. This can be accomplished by right-clicking on the image, choosing IMAGE PROPERTIES and typing a number in the BORDER input field (the larger the number, the thicker the border)

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.