ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey maker questions off screen

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/28/09 10:43 AM Views: 1219 Replies: 1
Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I'm making another survey and once I've got more than 2-3 questions the next ones I add are often (but not always) off the screen at the bottom, even in full screen mode (IE8 ). Usually I have go over to the scroll bar to have all the new question details/options showing. Can you have the screen position moved to the bottom of the page when you click on "Add Question" so it shows more than just the "Type Your Question Here" box? (Do you want a screen print to see what I'm talking about?)

Edited 02/28/09 10:49 AM
Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM - Response #1

No screen shot necessary, I understand exactly what you're saying. The ansewr to your question is no though. You see, there really is no screen bottom. You personally have a screen bottom, and so do we all, but there is no common screen bottom. People use different browsers and different screen resolutions with a variety of screen heights. We can't really jump to the bottom, because we can't predict where the bottom is, and even if we did do that (which technically we could do actually) it could create a rather disconcerting "jump" in your entire screen just as result of clicking the Add New Question button, which I think many people would find distracting, especially those at lower resolutions.

You have two options if you happen to be at the very bottom of your screen when you click on the "Add New Question" button:

1) Before clicking that button, scroll your page down as far as possible if it's not already at the bottom. This way you'll see more of your new question area when you click.

2) After clicking the "Add New Question" button just scroll down a little bit if you want to see more on your screen. I usually work on a laptop, so just a quick finger slide on the touchpad repositions my screen just where I want it.

Surveys are built from the top down. As you build something longer than the vertical height of your screen, you need to scroll a little just like viewing any other web page.

Edited 02/28/09 1:03 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.