ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Registering the number of those attending

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/11/12 11:55 PM Views: 1998 Replies: 10
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I hope someone else is having this problem otherwise I feel as though our class is really slow on the uptake and lacking in certain basic reading skills!!

Nine of out of ten registrations I receive show the number of tickets they are purchasing but then DO NOT mark the number of people attending. As a result, no fields open up for them to write in their names and those of their guests. Only if these fields are filled do we get our name tags correct.

The only way I have been able to figure out how to correct this is to delete the registration and re-register them with the number of people attending, then typing in their names.

Then I have to send the classmate an email letting them know that I had to delete their registration and re-register them to get name tags in places.

There has got to be an easier way to do this. We have written explicit instructions on our email blasts and individual contacts but no one seems to GET IT that they need to list the number of people coming, even though they identified the number of tickets they were paying for.

I suggest that when classmates fill out their registration form and mark how many tickets they are paying for, there should be an automatic field or fields that appear telling them the write in the names of those attending.

I hope that I am not missing something very elemental in this process.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM - Response #1

There is definitely something fishy going on there. It has been documented and passed to programming for review.

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 9:08 AM - Response #2

Cindy,

The second item "1 Reunion ticket by check" was not checked as a Ticket. as such, the code just assumes it's a yearbook or some other item that anyone can buy without actually attending. and since the code doesn't think the person is attending, it purposely does not display the registration questions. All you have to do is check that as a ticket, and once that happens, people who have previously purchased that item will be able to go to that page and fill in a registration without having to purchase anything else.

When the Reunion Planner conversion happened, the programmer made the most expensive item for sale be a Ticket. and here, that assumption was correct. The problem is, there were other items that were also a Ticket. If the item is a ticket, but not marked as a ticket, the REGISTRATION for the event doesn't appear.

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM - Response #3

In order to fix this, I have checked the boxes indicating that the ticket items are tickets, and I have deactivated the "Already paid" item because the system will not allow you to designate a ticket item that has a zero price, and if you offer it without making it a ticket item, then the system won't show the registration form because you have the box checked requiring ticket purchases in order to register.

This means that for those who have already paid, you'll need to go into the Attendees page and add them by putting in a ticket order for them, paid by check, and then they can go back to the registration page themselves and fill out the form.

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM - Response #4

Eric, I am not having the problem Cindy is talking about, but am wondering if someone wants to just purchase the Reunion Booklet, but not attend the reunion, can they use the website to do that or will that mess up our numbers?
Thanks, Judy

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM - Response #5

I would recommend that if you want to offer items for sale that do not depend on registering for the reunion, you add a separate "event" to your reunion. check the option to stop selling tickets but continue selling other products, turn off registrationf for that event, and turn off the "Attending" icon for that event, and then add your items for sale to that event. If they alread exist within another event, then add the new event and then click the button "Move one of these products to another event".

Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM - Response #6

thanks so much, working very well now!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM - Response #7

This is a related situation. Before the above was corrected by ClassCreator, I tried to fix a problem and think I have really screwed up! A classmate paid by credit card but at that time the prompt did not come up for him to fill in his name and his wifes. I tried to delete the registration by processing an adjustment in the negative. So now our total dollars has his payment deducted but the classmate did not receive a refund.

To tell the truth, I'm not entirely what I did. Can the webmasters see into our payment details and help me?

Under Attendees, he is looking correct.
Under Funds, there is a negative adjustment.

UGHH!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM - Response #8

Cindy, we'll need to know the name of the classmate.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM - Response #9

Rick Carter

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM - Response #10

You refunded him the the full purchase amount for two tickets, and then entered a new purchase order for two tickets, and then indicated on the funds page that he has paid that order. In effect, you have given him two tickets at no charge, but your reports will indicate that he was charged and paid for them.

I recommend you delete his current order and registration, and ask him to re-register. His original charge was refunded on 5/13/2012, as is shown on the Funds page and confirmed by our payment processor.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.