ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Using Columns to Post Senior Pictures

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/07/09 07:47 PM Views: 1427 Replies: 8
Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Brad,
I tried using the columns you recommended and they work great for most uploads. I don't know what's wrong. I've got two problems: one is the margin on the is pushed out of line which leads me to believe the photos are too wide. Second is some photos are larger than others even though their proportions are similar. What do I need to do to get everything line up?

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 10:13 PM - Response #1

Good news and bad news:

Good news: You *almost* did this perfectly. You had one row where you inserted a 4th photo, and you had another row where you inserted two photos into the same cell. Other than those 2 things you nailed this. those 2 things were the reason the page was blowing out though.

Bad news: While I was in there I moved the two misplaced photos to somewhere they would fit. But that's most likley not where you want them. So you'll need to cut and paste photos around your layout until you've got everything just right. The final bit of bad news is your photos are not the same size because you didn't create them at the same size. If you want uniformity across photos, you need to scan and crop them all at exactly the same size. If you don't then you're going to get varying sizes. There's only one way to fix this, and that would be to recrop all of your images to be the same width and height and upload them again.

Monday, June 8, 2009 at 6:45 AM - Response #2

Brad, Once again your customer support is outstanding. Thanks!

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 7:59 PM - Response #3

Can I ask you how you set up your pictures in columns, what program did you use and how did you upload them on to your website?

Monday, June 22, 2009 at 8:00 PM - Response #4

How can I set this up so that I too can have a link to pictures like Judith?

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 12:33 AM - Response #5

Yolanda,

What you want to do is go into edit mode for any Customizable Link page, and then click on the table icon. Insert a table 3 columns wide x as many rows as you need. And then click inside of each cell, click the yellow "image icon" and upload your images. The table creates a nice framework to hold your photo layout together.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 11:42 AM - Response #6

Thanks so much, I'll work on that right way!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 4:00 PM - Response #7

Just tried it and works great, however, when I active the link and review my work I see a border, how do I remove the border. I've tried properties and borders are not an option?

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 5:05 PM - Response #8

Left click on your table border to select your entire table. And then up in the toolbar click the table icon again. This will take you back into table edit mode, where you can select your border size (set it at 0 obviously). You can also right click on your table border and from the flyout go into Table Properties -- just another way of getting to the same place.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.