ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Nametags

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/07/09 06:08 PM Views: 4029 Replies: 19
Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I'm looking for a good site to upload our senior pictures on nametags. I need about 150 so I'm looking for something affordable. Any suggestions out there??
Brenda Prescott

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:21 PM - Response #1

Avery Name Badges can be formatted right in MS Word.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:24 PM - Response #2

Am I able to upload our pictures and do you put them into a plastic sleeve? I've never done this before so I'm a being a little computer challenged with this one!

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:27 PM - Response #3

Yes, you buy the kit... It comes with the "cards" they're on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and are perforated. You load that into your printer. There are instructions in the box as to settings, but if you use MS Word you can just select the template under "labels".

Then you print directly onto the cards, tear them apart and slide them into the clear plastic sleeves. You have a choice of pin or clip (pin is cheaper).

Hope that helps.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM - Response #4

Thanks so much. This is a huge help. I'll give it a try. I definitely want the pin type because the clips are too easy to lose throughout the evening.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:30 PM - Response #5

Staples carries them:

Avery® Side Loading Pin Style Name Badges,
3" x 4"
Kit includes crystal clear plastic badge holders and badge inserts
Micro-perforated badge inserts separate cleanly leaving smooth edges
Price: $21.99 100/Pack Qty.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:39 PM - Response #6

I know this is redundant...but I can upload our sr. picture from my computer file individually??

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM - Response #7

Yes, that's the only choice you have.

It's like working on a piece of paper except that on the screen it looks and works more like a table. You do "insert photo" navigate to the folder that contains your senior photos and then click on the one you want to add... etc.

To get to the next label you press "tab" on your keyboard and repeat the same process over and over until you've added each of your photos to each of the "labels" on the screen.

Once you're finished you print the whole sheet (or sheets) at one time, tear them apart and assemble them into the plastic sleeves that already have the pin attached.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:48 PM - Response #8

Thanks Christel. I am off to Staples tomorrow!! Can't wait to start working on it! While I'm at it I should ask you another question...have you ever created your own dvd with music? I'm trying to do a short one 10-15 min. but I want to do a combination slideshow with some pages of picture collages. I have been given some guidance from another of our website owners but I'm not sure if they did collage or straight slide.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 6:56 PM - Response #9

I'm guessing you're referring to a slideshow on disc with music in the background???

If that's the case, then yes. The easiest way to do this is to use Windows Movie Maker... There are tons of programs that will help you do this, but they're all pretty much the same (as far as ease).

You upload all of the pictures, design the transitions (in between photos) - (optional) insert your music tada! You're done.

Then start burning!

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 7:04 PM - Response #10

Reunite has a program great for reunions. It prints memory books, name tags with photos and helps you keep track of expenses. It is well worth the price and make a great compliment to Class Creator

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 7:05 PM - Response #11

Christel,
I am saving your site! You are full of valuable information! Now one other thing...will you do it for me??HA!
Thanks loads.
Brenda

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM - Response #12

I have "Reunite". If it wasn't for the fact that I do a dozen or more reunions simultaneously, then yes, it would work just fine. The other issue is that I'm a bit "picky" and what things "just so" so having it do it for me is a bit tough. LOL

To answer your question, yes, as a matter of fact we would do it for you (I'm a Reunion Planner), but naturally there's a fee attached and to be completely honest... this is something you can do all on your own. Have faith... you've come this far!!! AND it's almost over!!! August is right around the corner!

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 7:26 PM - Response #13

I am not sure about the Reunite site. What I saw didn't seem to match your description. Is there an official website address for it?

Also I haven't done the name tags yet. But Avery has full sheet labels. I'm thinking that you could just copy the yearbook page of senior pictures onto a full page label sheet and then put them in your tags. May be easier than copying the files for each picture. (or not)Wink

K

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 11:48 PM - Response #14

Christel,
To be perfectly honest this is the 6th reunion I've planned for our class. The past 2 have involved 3 classes. Actually, I do a great job at planning & organizing and I do most of the work myself because I am also very picky. I have found over the years that if you want something done...do it yourself! Fortunately, my classmates prefer to leave it up to me so we're all happy. I'm just involving myself in more & more towards these reunions and I'm learning new things all the time. As in the nametags & movie dvd. I'm a do-it-yourselfer, so I love asking questions and trying to figure it out. But thanks for the offer, I may have to take you up on it someday. Thanks for your helpful information also.
Brenda

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 11:17 PM - Response #15
NameTags.doc

http://justtags.com/reunion.html

Check this site out... I just had my reunion and for $2.99 per classmate ($2.79 per guest), they made the most awesome nametags!!! I downloaded my senior portraits from this site (which is really cool cuz they all go into their own folder with their name!), copied our mascot and sent them a list of who was coming (along with guests). I updated the list every day up until the Monday before the reunion. They were PERFECT and everyone LOVED THEM! I killed myself trying to make paper ones, and it just was so stressful!!! I'm so glad I found justtags.com!!! I encourage you to check them out... I think I called them about three weeks before and it was NO problem!!!

I'm attaching the ones that I made (for the really late people) cuz this is what the ones they made looked like... I tell you, it made me CRAZY to do just 20 or 30 of them!

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 1:12 PM - Response #16

Find someone with an Apple - they have a very slick slide/show to video creator that is super simple and you can automatically time the length of the show to an audio track. You can save the slide show as a movie - not sure whether it would output to DVD, but there's a strong chance.

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 11:28 AM - Response #17

OK, but my question is, how have you gotten the senior photos in a digital format? Did you scan from the yearbook? Did you have classmates send you a copy of their picture? That is where I am stuck. Thanks!

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 11:55 AM - Response #18

Ashley Loeffler wrote:

OK, but my question is, how have you gotten the senior photos in a digital format? Did you scan from the yearbook? Did you have classmates send you a copy of their picture? That is where I am stuck. Thanks!

Yes, scan from your yearbook. I scanned full pages at 300 dpi, then used a photo editing program to crop out the individual headshots and create individual files for each photo. (Suggest you name those files using lastname_firstname.jpg which will make it a lot easier to call up and use those images later.) If your yearbook photos have the name right under the photo, I suggest you include the name in your cropped images. Makes it easier to ID the picture later.

Class Creator has some tips provided by another user on scanning yearbooks. CLICK HERE to download the PDF.

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 3:04 PM - Response #19

Thanks! I went to Kinko's and scanned there but the pictures turned out really grainy and don't look that good. They only let you scan the pictures into Adobe Acrobat as pdf's so not sure that really helps me. I might try to scan at home--I just figured Kinko's would have a better scanner than I do!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.