ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Highlighting links

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/21/13 07:53 AM Views: 936 Replies: 2
Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Would love to have an option to highlight links --

How about it Brad? i.e, - looking at my home page and the links on the left -- instead of placing an announcement on the home page that a new survey has been added - I'd like to highlight the "Getting Together Survey" link

thanks as always............I'm a huge CC fan!Razz

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM - Response #1

Currently, through adding my own little CSS hack, I would be able to add a highlight, but it would highlight for every single link on the left navigation rather than only the Getting Together Survey. I know that Brad wants to build an advanced option for the navigation, but that is not exactly next on our list. I will however note this as one of the possible options. Until then, maybe there might be another admin out there with more CSS knowledge than I who might be able to provide an idea for this solution.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM - Response #2

It's fairly easy to change the color and font of a single link by adding some custom html to the "link" name.

See our home page where I made the Memory Book font green. I might leave it like thatWink

I added to the link name field.

You can also make the font background different using but that looks a bit odd to me since it's a narrow color band.

Total "cell" background can also be made different, however, because of CSS quirks it introduces extra spacing, so looks odd and IMO not really acceptable. If I figure out some way to avoid that I'll post.

Edited 04/23/13 1:22 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.