ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

POST REUNION SURVEY...

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/09/12 10:56 AM Views: 2241 Replies: 6
Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Hello Everyone,

We had our 35th Reunion this past Saturday night in the Berkshires of Western MA and it was a HUGE success. We haven't had a real reunion in 25 years! After planning this project for close to 2 years with our committee, it seemed at times that this reunion would never end. The Class Creator model for the website was key in pulling everything off. On Saturday night I received so many complements about the website it was unbelievable.

I would like to ask your advise on the best way to follow up with a successful reunion? Do you have a 'Post Reunion' survey that I could model something on? It would be nice to get peoples thoughts on the evening. Right now people are posting on the Message Forum and uploading photos from the event.

Thanks for any 'Post Reunion' advice all you experts may have.

Best,

Michael

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM - Response #1

Hi Michael,

Your question comes very timely. We, too, just had our reunion over the weekend, and I'm now faced with trying to put together a survey. While I've already started, I'm only as far as 3 questions. I'm struggling with how to structure it so as to be equal parts; streamline, informative and attention grabbing in order to get folks to complete it at all.

Any ideas will be extremely welcome. Thanks all.

Carm

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 4:35 PM - Response #2
Reunionmomentbecomesmemorysignverynice.jpg

Congratulations Michael and Carmela!
Your heard work paid off! The POst Reunion Survey should be done ASAP. We waited too long and it's imperative to "press while the iron's hot" to get the best feedback.
There was an excellent example shared by someone on these forums a few years back. If your search for it in these forums is unsuccessful, perhaps someone has a new list of questions that were excellent in capturing the moment and the feedback. The feedback will be most helpful in the planning of future reunions as well as "lessons learned"!
Will keep looking for our copy of the survey questions, but hope that someone will speak up and offer their input and their feedback on what worked and what did not.
So happy that your reunions were a success! Brad and Crew have helped so many reunite and enjoy the Reunion process and the Reunion experience that words cannot express our thanks!

Here are a few of the questions that we included on our survey:
Which evening or event(s) did you attend for the Reunion?
Please tell us what you liked and would improve upon for future reference!

(Events listed for the weekend festivities)
How did you hear about the reunion? If you did not hear about the reunion, tell us how to improve that problem.
(listed resources,including web site,friends,fb that the event was advertised,newspapers,etc)

If you attended Saturday evening,did you feel that the food and company was worth the "price" of admission? (may also be Did you feel the prices was fair? If no, please help us and explain)

As far as the "Formality-vs-Informality" setting did the "Come as you are" option make a difference in whether or not you decided to show up?
Are you interested in having "souvenirs" or goodie bags at the next reunion? Ideas include "koozie" cup holders, key chains, pens,coffee mugs,shot glasses,t-shirts, or any number of things for a small fee...

What activities would you like to see offered on a "Reunion weekend" in the future?

Would you like to help plan any activities in the future? No commitment needed, just an idea if you are willing to be "asked"?!

Timing: How frequently would you be interested in participating in smaller "informal reunions", (light food, beverages,3-4 hours,etc)
What time of year works out best for a reunion? considering conflicting schedules and Life issues, is there a time of year that you would prefer?
Once again,Thank you all to those who joined us to make the Reunion memorable and Fun!
What were the "hits" and "misses" that you can think of?

Also included, Any suggestions for the website?

Edited 10/09/12 8:38 PM
Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 8:42 PM - Response #3
reunionCartoon-FloodOfMemories.jpg

p.s. Now,right after your reunion is an excellent time to just post a Poll question, perhaps Have you taken the Post Reunion Survey yet? Then you can send out an e-mail to the class and tell them about your survey, leaving open questions for added comments,etc. Good luck..Hope you get great responses and tons of Kudos for your hard work! It's just an idea...I waited too long and begging really doesn't work once the attendees or those that missed the reunion get involved in "Life" and all the activities back in reality.

Edited 10/09/12 8:47 PM
Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM - Response #4
reunionposternostalgiamessageverynice2012.jpg

one more graphic to pass along....

Edited 10/09/12 11:02 PM
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM - Response #5

After our 45th we had a team of classmates gather pictures and get them on the site as soon as we could. Tow reason: 1) People like to look back a remember, even if they just got home. and 2) At our age we might forget a few names to label the pictures.
Also ask people to write back - to the site some of the good and not so good things about the reunion. Then you have a start on the next one.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM - Response #6
post_reunion_survey.pdf

Hi Michael,

Congratulations on a successful reunion! Wasn't it fun to get all the positive feedback about your website? We had a great 50-year reunion last year, and we got many comments from classmates about how instrumental our website had been in creating such a successful event. Kudos once again to ClassCreator!

We had drafted a post-reunion survey before the event so had the survey ready to post the Monday following the reunion. We reminded everyone at the event to be sure to log on to our site and complete the survey while the events were fresh in their minds. We tried to keep the survey short and yet get some key information to help us plan future events.

We had a good response from those who attended the reunion, and got good ideas to help us plan for future reunions. I still have the survey in archives, and will attach a PDF of it to this post, in case our questions would be helpful for you.

I agree with the other comments about posting something as soon as possible after the reunion. Everyone likes to re-live the event, and looking at photos and other classmates' comments is great. We posted many photos and several videos as soon as we could get them ready, and we encouraged others to send in photos (many did!). Once we had all the responses from our post-reunion survey, we summarized the results and posted the summaries to the website for all to see.

Good luck!

P.S. We did a separate survey to ask questions about our website...what people liked or didn't like, what they wanted to see on the site, etc. Didn't get as much helpful feedback on this one...most people said they liked "everything" and didn't have any specific feedback. It's good that they like it all, but makes it hard for us to prioritize how we spend our time on the website...

Edited 10/11/12 4:41 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.