ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

I have the Oldest Classmate on CC

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/15/09 12:43 AM Views: 1735 Replies: 7
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I'm betting I have the oldest classmate registered on CC! She graduated in 1924 and she turns 103 on October 20! Her vision is not very good so she could not identify the faculty and students individually but she was able to name every one of them.

1924 Faculty and Seniors - Christine Abercrombie Greene is in center, middle row.

Her daughter/caretaker completed her profile but she dictated what to include. Photos coming later. She's going to add more if she can recall more about her high school years. Most of her memories are of grade school and nursing school.

Can anyone beat that record? The local paper is doing a story on me and our web site in the next few weeks and I'm gonna make sure Christine is included.

Thank you, CC, for such a wonderful tool that has brought together so many old and new friends.

Cheryl

Edited 09/15/09 11:03 AM
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 10:22 AM - Response #1

That is awesome! Good luck on the newspaper story!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 11:07 AM - Response #2

103 years old and sharing her high school memories...amazing. We've heard many great stories here but this one is definitely right up there. Thanks for sharing. Christine really is the "cat's meow."

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 11:18 AM - Response #3

You win! But then, how can you not win with Class Creator?

Good luck with your story and your site!

Tam

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 5:45 PM - Response #4

That is truly awesome! I wonder if this lady mentions in her profile that she was into meditation? Neuroscientist Andrew Newman M.D. and therapist Mark Robert Waldman co-authored " How God Changes Your Brain "

Quote: Not only do prayer and spiritual practice reduce stress and anxiety, but just twelve minutes of meditation per day may slow down the aging process. Meditation is certainly one of the best ways to enhance the neural functioning of the brain.

Thanks for sharing !

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 6:52 PM - Response #5

Go Buckeyes!Laughing

Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM - Response #6

The oldest classmate on CC happens to be the oldest classmate I have on my multi-year site. Christine turned 103 just last month. I could not find the words to thank CC for what it has given to so many old school friends, but I will share with everyone what Christine herself dictated to her daughter. I just received this:

Christine Abercrombie Greene
11/14/09 01:55 PM

Cheryl,

You have opened for me a new dimension in life, one that at my age I never thought I would be drawn into. To me, computers have always been for the younger generations…too complicated to ever use. But here I am with almost 2 dozen new friends, most of whom I likely would not have met without the DCHS website and email. Thank you for bringing me at last into the 21st century. I hope someday to meet you when you come to Douglasville and thank you in person.

I have sent the following email to my new internet friends and have received several interesting replies. Edwin Daniell was even writing to me from a hunting camp 2 miles away from the paved road and telephone lines. Imagine!

This is what I sent:

"I want to thank you and all my DCHS friends, both new and old, for the many messages of good wishes on my recent birthday. You have made this 103 year old very happy.

"I can remember when I placed my first telephone call, sent my first telegram, switched from radio to TV. I never understood how any of them worked and I’m glad I didn’t have to. Now I’m part of the electronic age. Wonder what form communication will take when you are 103?

"To be recognized by so many through this “new” form of communication has given my birthday special meaning."

I have enjoyed all the emails from my DCHS friends. Thank you!

Christine Abercrombie Greene Class of 1924

Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 11:02 PM - Response #7

Congratulations, Cheryl!
What a wonderful Treasure!
And Thanks to Brad and crew for helping make all these wonderful "moments" happen! Too many to be "counted" I'm sure, but Thanks from the humble peanut galleries that you and yours make look "competent" We appreciate you and May you all have a most Blessed Thanksgiving!
Thanks for everything!

kris

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.