ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Web site Updates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/14/09 11:41 PM Views: 1735 Replies: 8
Monday, September 14, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Do the registered members of my Class site get a notification when I update the site? Or should I "Blast the Class"?

Thank you
Teresa

Monday, September 14, 2009 at 11:46 PM - Response #1

Since most of the admins update something on their homepage, and then update something else on a different page, etc. there wouldn't be a good time for an "The website has been updated" e-mail, so this feature wasn't implemented (and probably won't be implemented)

If you want the classmates to know that the website has been updated, you will need to "E-mail the Class".

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 12:02 AM - Response #2

Thank you
I was just curious

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 12:05 AM - Response #3

Or you could have a Forum topic labeled "What's new" and post whatever is new there. Classmates can subscribe to the forums and that way when a new post is added, they will automatically get an e-mail.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 9:30 AM - Response #4

I've noticed that even though classmates upload new pics to their profiles, it doesn't say that they have updated their profiles. Is this for text updates only? Also, is there a way for me as an admin to subscribe to any updates on all these classmates, short of going in on each and every profile?

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM - Response #5

Tina Leeper (Site Admin) wrote:

I've noticed that even though classmates upload new pics to their profiles, it doesn't say that they have updated their profiles. Is this for text updates only? Also, is there a way for me as an admin to subscribe to any updates on all these classmates, short of going in on each and every profile?

To subscribe to profile updates, just click on the "Profile Subscriptions" link under MEMBER FUNCTIONS. This option is for ALL members, not just ADMINs.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 10:06 AM - Response #6

I don't see a "select all" feature but I do see a "de-select" feature. Will this be an option at some point?

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 11:14 AM - Response #7

We should add that yes, for now just click each name, which is far better than going into each Profile.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 11:28 AM - Response #8

Thanks Brad!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.