ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unsafe website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/05/14 09:15 AM Views: 1256 Replies: 3
Friday, September 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM

We registered our domain with go-daddy and continually get the message that our site is unsafe and have to confirm a security exception because our URL was acquired elsewhere and subsequently linked to CC which, in turn, tells your browser it has been redirected. How can we fix this? North74.com

Friday, September 5, 2014 at 2:00 PM - Response #1

Hi Brian,

I am unable to recreate the unsafe website notice. GoDaddy has www.North74.com set up as a CName pointing to North74.com. You might want to see if they can make that an A Record instead of a CName and point it to the same IP as the domain without the www in front of it. Here is how the record would look:

www A Record 69.41.171.62

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, September 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM - Response #2

Brian, GoDaddy cannot make the change to the A record. They will walk you through it over the phone. I helped someone over the phone with this very thing last night. I will be right back with the steps to post below.

Saturday, September 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM - Response #3

Wait... it appears you got it fixed as I am not able to see the notice. If you are still having the problem., here are the steps:

At GoDaddy, log in and go to My Account.

Across from DOMAINS, click on LAUNCH.
Click on the drop down arrow to the right of your domain.
Choose MANAGE DNS.

The top section is A (Host).
To the right of this section is pencil (to edit the record). Click on that.
Input the IP address in the POINTS TO field and click FINISH.

GoDaddy will say it takes 24-48 hours before the domain will open to your site around the world. It worked last night within an hour for the root admin.

This shared... for those reading this in the future before purchasing a domain - if you get your domain by clicking on Register Domain in your left Admin Functions menu and purchase it through classnames.net, the domain is immediately pointed to your site without the extra steps.

Hope this helps. If anyone has an extra step to add or one to remove, please contact me so I can edit this. Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.