ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/01/08 09:45 PM Views: 1346 Replies: 10
Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 9:45 PM

In my multiple year site I have almost 1,000 deceased (known) classmates. If I check all their names will they still come under the proper years?

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 11:04 PM - Response #1

Yes, they'll all stay under the proper years on your Classmate Profiles page. On your In Memory page all deceased Classmates will be listed together.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 10:46 AM - Response #2

Is there any way to have the "In memory" also be divided into years? It might be a litte hard to look thru 1,000 names of classmates to find who you are looking for. Thank you.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 1:18 PM - Response #3

If you edit any of the names on the in memory page you can enter the year of death.

1. Edit Site Pages
2. In Memory
3. Click on "edit" next to a deceased classmate
4. Enter year of death
5. Save

Of course you have to do this 1000 times.

Edited 10/02/08 1:22 PM
Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 1:18 PM - Response #4

multiple post - thought system was hung up - sorry

Edited 10/02/08 1:21 PM
Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 1:18 PM - Response #5

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 1:18 PM - Response #6

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 4:13 PM - Response #7

For some schools there may not be very many though, thus dividing them into years will make it hard to find people.

I think the only good solution here is to put in some sort of threshold. I.E. something like this:

If deceased classmates > 100, then divide main in memory page into years.

Yea -- I think that should be good for both scenarios. I'll add it to "the list".

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 7:53 PM - Response #8

Wow! This is great! You guys are really out to help us!
The "in memory" part is going to take a lot of work on my part. Is there any way to do accomplish this in the upload? Right now I have all names marked that are deceased as a "2". I know this may be a stretch to ask to do something like this. I guess it all depends on how many multiple year sites you get. Thanks again either way.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM - Response #9

Unfortunately the import only interfaces with the Classmate Profiles function of the system currently. It does not have any ties to the In Memory area at all. We may well do something like this, but I've got the programmers on many other tasks currently. Fortunately it's not too hard to mark somebody as deceased from your drop down menu in the In Memory edit area. For now, I say grab a drink and a snack and have at it.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 9:08 PM - Response #10

Anybody up for some chips and dip?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.