ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Blank home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/21/15 06:06 PM Views: 860 Replies: 5
Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM

When a classmate logs onto our website, she sees a blank space where all the latest information should be. This has not happened to her before, and as far as I know it is not happening to anybody else. The website looks fine on my screen. Can you advise me how to help her? Would it help for me to tell you her email address?

Many thanks,
Linda Andre

Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 6:49 PM - Response #1

Is it realy 'blank', or is everything shifted down below the menus and right-side boxes? You have several long links in announcements, and while FireFox handles them just like it wraps text in the announcement box space, some browsers fail with long links. Using the editor to assign a link to some text (like Click Here) will take care of that if that's the problem.

Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM - Response #2

Thank you! I will delete the announcement with its long links and then ask her if that solves her problem.
Linda

Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 11:46 AM - Response #3

YES! That solved her problem. She is delighted. And I learned not to use long links. Thanks so much for your help.
Linda

Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 1:16 PM - Response #4

You're very welcome! That used to be a big problem until most of the newer brower versions began to handle it.
I've made it a habit to always use the editor to assign any links to one or two words (like "You can see more HERE"). When we do that the length of a link no longer matters since the full link address is not displayed.

Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 2:58 PM - Response #5

Thanks so much the tip. I'll be sure to try that next time.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.