ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"password reset already requested"

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/12/14 08:47 PM Views: 981 Replies: 10
Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I'm surprised that there are no other suggestions yet regarding the maximum reset requests (or at least my search did not find any).

Why limit the password reset to ONE request?

I'm finding that usually the user just forgot to follow up and/or the reset link email got buried in their inbox. So, when they re-attempt a password reset request it refers them to the site admin (to perform steps that are typically not necessary). Extra work for us.

ALSO, today, I had a classmate who forgot their password AGAIN (I just issued a temporary one in March, and she subsequently logged in), but the reset link request still said a "password reset was already requested" PRIOR to the March update. Shouldn't this limit reset itself after they login again? Instead, this time she had to contact me directly to resolve.

Can this function be modified, please??? Can the limit be at least TWO requests (and then reset the limit once they login again)? Also, it would help if it warned about the limit (to help encourage follow through).

I would so appreciate this!

Thanks.

Terry

Edited 06/12/14 8:49 PM
Friday, June 13, 2014 at 3:48 PM - Response #1

Let me discuss this idea with Brad.

Friday, June 13, 2014 at 4:59 PM - Response #2

I just got the same thing today!!!!
The classmate requested a password..and she never got it
We have enough work already...please make this easier for us..not harder.
Most sites only have one or 2 site admins. And with 3 reunions going at once on my site..and a 3rd & 4th to start soon...1 of my site admins needs to do all the password and troubleshooting on the site...my other site admin works..she just does her class.
I hope you can come to an easier conclusion..than ask Brad..What about asking us Admins what we think about it???

Friday, June 13, 2014 at 6:37 PM - Response #3

I have the same issue also. It would be great if after they successfully logged in using their password this would reset the flag for them to use this option in the future

Friday, June 13, 2014 at 10:15 PM - Response #4

YES! This has been an issue for some time. I seem to be getting more and more of them. I have to take these members through the steps to get a reset link and many times they go through the process and still can't log in. So as a security measure I end up texting them a temporary password. This is a LOT of extra work and time consuming. Let's change this please.

Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM - Response #5

What difference does it make on how many times a password is reset?

Monday, June 16, 2014 at 12:07 AM - Response #6

Thanks for looking into this idea, Scott. I don't know what is involved on the programming side but, clearly, this modification would be very appreciated by many!

Thanks again!
Terry

Monday, June 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM - Response #7

Doesn't seem like this is a priority for CC....no answser to all of our questions yet.
Teresa "Terry" Alers wrote:

Thanks for looking into this idea, Scott. I don't know what is involved on the programming side but, clearly, this modification would be very appreciated by many!

Thanks again!
Terry

Monday, June 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM - Response #8

We have added the task to the programmer's queue. It may take some time to get to however.

Monday, June 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM - Response #9

The password reset has been reset so you should all be all set Smile

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 at 7:56 PM - Response #10

Jessica wrote:

The password reset has been reset so you should all be all set Smile

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thanks Jessica! I will give it a test soon. Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.