ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Posting Senior Pictures on a Link

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/07/09 08:50 AM Views: 1355 Replies: 4
Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Why do my senior pictures run in a single column down the page up to a certain point then there are 3 in a row for the remainder of the page? All photos are set at 200 pxs wide by 246 pxs high.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 1:30 PM - Response #1

JUDITH Willis wrote:

Why do my senior pictures run in a single column down the page up to a certain point then there are 3 in a row for the remainder of the page? All photos are set at 200 pxs wide by 246 pxs high.

Hi Judith,

You have a line break
after each of the photos that are lining up below each other, and no line break where they are appearing side by side in a row.
You need to remove the line breaks, except after every 3rd picture. Then your photos will be 3 in each row across.

Edited 06/07/09 1:31 PM
Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 4:30 PM - Response #2

Marian,
Where is the
located so I can remove it? I opened the "Source" and can't find it.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 5:06 PM - Response #3

JUDITH Willis wrote:

Marian,
Where is the
located so I can remove it? I opened the "Source" and can't find it.

Your breaks are now located here (and throughout your page):

Wherever you see a
between your image codes, your photo will drop down to the next line. You need to have the
only after each 3 photos. You now have a string of 28 photos without a line break, which is blowing out your page rather drastically. You need to put a
after each 3.

Edited 06/07/09 5:22 PM
Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM - Response #4

You're right. You have no
s in your editor code. Yet, Marian is also right. She's viewing the source of the page itself, and she sees
s. What's going on?

Our system is adding the
s for you after you save your page. If it didn't, and you just put a whole bunch of photos in a row you'd eventually blow out your site. So our system attempts to help you space your images correctly if you haven't inserted anything to space them yourself.

Of course, in your case this is not what you want, so you need to tell our system to stop trying to assist you with your spacing. It's very easy to tell the sytsem to not do this, and you can learn how here:

1) Click FAQs above
2) Click Questions About Maintaining Your Site
3) Read Question #19

While this will work, you'll at some point need to insert a
yourself to tell the system to jump down a line and start the photos going on the second row.

I actually wouldn't do any of the above, although you can if you want to. Instead, I would make a 5 column table, and put your photos in columns 1, 3, and 5. Let columns 2 and 4 be spacer columns between your photos. You'll find it much, much easier to organize your photo layout and get it precisely how you want it if you put these pictures inside of a table, as opposed to leaving them free standing on the page, trying to insert
s where necessary, etc.

Edited 06/07/09 5:12 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.