ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Links

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/27/09 12:58 AM Views: 1470 Replies: 7
Monday, July 27, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Where is the best place to have a list of links? Should they be on a page by themselves or on the home page?

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 1:12 AM - Response #1

Can you elaborate further about what the list of links is for, how many links there are total, etc.?

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 1:37 AM - Response #2

Various web sites of interest to us about our hometown. Since many don't live there anymore.
links to our City web site, our local paper and some local societies.
Also web sites of some class members.

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 2:49 AM - Response #3

Most people tend to create a separate page for this type of info and links.

FYI, I recommend you resize the video on your home page so it's no more than 380 pixels wide. It's crossing into the right module content, and the Firefox browser won't display the video until the end of the last right hand module (which creates a pretty large white gap). Resizing the video will fix this.

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 5:09 AM - Response #4

It's not over lapping on my page. At first it was over lapping but after I resized it I had no problem using IE browser.I believe it's already at 380.
Is the browser the cause of the difference in what you see.

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 5:23 AM - Response #5

Not anymore. Looks fine. I suspect I saw it just before you resized.

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 12:47 PM - Response #6

Hi , I put a few on my homepage for now, but they are all of a different nature. If yours would be all hometown related, maybe a custom page. On the other hand, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference. I've seen them both places on sites. Good luck. Bonita

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 9:47 PM - Response #7

I created a separate page called Rangers' Pages, which are links to classmate businesses as well as businesses we used for reunions or who those who donated items. Everyone seems to like it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.