ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory / Yearbook Photo's

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/19/12 12:55 PM Views: 1765 Replies: 20
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 12:55 PM

It looks like I now have two favorite topics-

When someone is 'In Memory" and has a photo from obit and then I uploaded "Yearbook" photo is there a way to see YBP besides going to classmate profiles? In other words, can you have it so both pictures show when the 'In memory" is checked?
Maybe put YBP in upper left corner?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM - Response #1

There is an option when viewing the In Memory page to display the yearbook photo. Also, when viewing an individual's In Memory page, the yearbook photo is displayed in the upper right.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 1:09 PM - Response #2

Eric,

How do I do this option? check out Thomas Ritchie 2010. The YBP does not come up in upper right corner. The obit picture comes up here.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 1:21 PM - Response #3

You had selected on the In Memory page to use a photo in place of the yearbook photo. I deleted that option and reuploaded the photo as part of the page content, so now they both display.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM - Response #4

Eric,

I never saw this option before. I guess I have to check all "IM" where I have YBP uploaded.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 1:38 PM - Response #5

Wow! There is no easy way to check cross check this. I am not sure how to find the "fastest" way to get this done. I need to know who has an obit photo posted of 1,785 then who has YBP. This I have listed for the ones that are done.
Any suggestions?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM - Response #6

I know of no way to find all who have an obit photo set.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM - Response #7

Eric,

I think you mean you know of no easy way of doing this. All I have to do is click on every name that is in In Memory and has a yearbook picture and if another picture comes up then I will have to edit.

Another project! javascript:addSmiley('Very Happy');

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM - Response #8

Eric,
Got one!
Can you tell me how to do this. I think I have to do something in the "Image" section? Also, I see the button for "link to profile". I understand what this does but how do I know if someone has a profile when I am entering an IM?

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM - Response #9

Sorry, Ray. I don't understand the question.

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM - Response #10

Eric,

OK. I found a person who has a picture and a year book photo. I want to make both pictures show like you did for me above.
Please tell me how to do this "You had selected on the In Memory page to use a photo in place of the yearbook photo. I deleted that option and reuploaded the photo as part of the page content, so now they both display."
I do not understand this.
I found quite a few entries with this problem.
Thank you

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM - Response #11

Right-click the obit photo and save it to your computer, or drag it to the desktop (same result).
Check the DELETE PHOTO box next to the obit photo.
In the Editor, click the Image icon next to Source.
Upload the image you just saved and place it into the page body.
Click SAVE CHANGES.

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM - Response #12

Eric,

Got it! Thank you. I just changed the ones that I had already uploaded the YBP. In the future I will have to make sure that when we upload YBP to check this.

BTW any word on why our 1941 YBO's are not showing?

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 1:37 PM - Response #13

I am seeing most of the 1941 photos on the In Memory page when I check the box. Where are you not seeing them?

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM - Response #14

That is the weird part. Pictures show in IM but there is not even a tab for "show yearbook photo's". This is the only year that does this.

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM - Response #15

No idea what that's about. Passing along to programming for review.

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM - Response #16

Ok, this has been changed. According to programming, '"we only display yearbook photos IF the person has joined the site or the admin has selected 'Show Admin-entered Classmate Profile details prior to Classmate joining the site'. [You haven't] checked that box, and nobody from the class of 1941 has joined the site. Except, we DO display the yearbook photo for deceased classmates."

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM - Response #17

Can you tell me where this check box is? Class of 1941 is showing YBP's. We do have have two members and we have had them for a long time.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM - Response #18

It's actually a radio button not a checkbox, but it is at the top of the Enter/Edit Classmates page from Manage Classmates.

Friday, September 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM - Response #19

Got it! I am not sure what data "Admin-entered Classmate Profile details prior to Classmate joining the site" would be exactly. Would that be what was uploaded when we started?

Friday, September 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM - Response #20

That would be any and all information you enter on the Details page other than the name of the person.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.