ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Avoiding ISP Spam Filters

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/28/12 04:23 PM Views: 1174 Replies: 4
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Some ISP's filter out (block) multiple-addressed emails automatically as spam. I don't know if these emails go into the bit-bucket or the addressee's spam folder/mbox. I know they don't get bounced back as that would get them blacklisted at other ISPs.

Do you have a method of making sure these don't get intercepted?

I noticed in another forum post, that you time the arrival of emails to yahoo, UofM, and other sites that only allow x# of emails per unit of time. Good job.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM - Response #1

Hi Mike,

Our email the class processing sends out emails individually, not as one email with lots of addresses. This is how you can use the name variables that appear in the tip box at the bottom of the email the class page to personalize each message. Bounce messages are handled by ISPs in a certain way, but allowed through, which is why spammers have tried to mimic the structure of bounces as a way of bypassing filters.

We have taken great care to insure that as much as possible of the email our customers send from their sites is delivered, but there is never a guarantee, and the are a large number of factors that change daily that determine whether a particular message or group of messages may make it through. Typically, assuming the infrastructure is operating the way it is intended, bounces are generated and returned whenever a message is not delivered to an end recipient's mailbox, but even that assumption often proves false. For example, there are generally more problems delivering bulk email the day or weekend before even the most minor holidays because retailers crank up their email output to promote sales and systems just get overwhelmed.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 7:09 PM - Response #2

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. You guys really have this figured out.

I never thought about email timing. We'll keep that in mind when broadcasting to the class.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 12:11 PM - Response #3

Had an email blast on 7/22 that six of our classmates got bounce backs from Comcast. They were blocked as spam.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM - Response #4

We are aware of the Comcast issue and have a request in to Comcast to have them resolve the problem.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.