ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Year in multiple year sites

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/14/14 04:26 PM Views: 611 Replies: 9
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Is there a way to enter a year other than the ones in the Class Year drop down list when inputing or updating a member's details?

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM - Response #1

Is the year that you are wanting to set not included in the dropdown?

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 5:14 PM - Response #2

I just go to Preferences, and the second item down is "Graduating Year Span". Accomodate the class year by changing either First or Last Year (which is all in between).

Edited 01/14/14 5:14 PM
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 5:51 PM - Response #3

Thanks Darrell,
That solves almost all of my wants, I could change Year of Graduation to Year Joined. That solves the first part of my preference, but when one edits ones Profile, then previews that profile, Class Year is displayed. That does not seem to be a selectable title.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM - Response #4

Hmmm, I can see the year in Manage Classmates; drop down just above their Name. But it is not in Edit Contact for the class mate. Strange?

Perhaps that is meant only for us to change, not the member.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 6:36 PM - Response #5

Correct. The year I want is not in the drop down list.
I would like to change Class Year to something else also.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 6:41 PM - Response #6

I can understand it not being in Edit Contact Info because year has nothing to do with contacting, but in Edit Profile it just states Class Year:. That description in not changeable as Year of Graduation is.

Edited 01/14/14 6:43 PM
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 12:37 PM - Response #7

Earl - why am I missing this? When I go to edit a profile, I see Joined Club in:. I am not seeing the reference to Class Year.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 2:44 PM - Response #8

Scott,
I finally started using my brain and went to Profile Generator and changed it there.
I find that Class Of appears in several places though and I wish it was replaceable like First Graduating Year or Classmate is in Preferences. Especially since websites can be generated for sites other than just High School graduation classes.

Friday, January 17, 2014 at 1:36 PM - Response #9

If you can provide a list of places that you see this.. specific pages and locations, I can forward it for consideration. No promises, but we can try.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.