ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can I accept $$ from a "sponsor" without them being able to see all the site pages?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/21/12 09:07 PM Views: 1197 Replies: 5
Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

We are now asking for business sponsors outside of our class, and I'd rather them not be able to get to all the pages of the site. I would like them to be able to donate/sponsor through the site, and be able to see the homepage and the sponsor thank you page (that I still need to create!).

Also, can I create a separate page for them to pay through, outside of our reunion page?

Our reunion is next weekend and we are still having an awful time getting people to respond. I am so frustrated. Sad

Monday, July 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM - Response #1

We do not have any mechanisms to accept payment through the site other than the donation module on the Home Page (paypal) and the Reunion Planner (various forms). You can add a button from PayPal or another payment service if they give you the code to embed into an arbitrary page of your site.

As for the terms, those are strictly between you and the sponsor. If they're willing to sponsor a site they can't see, that is their business.

Monday, July 23, 2012 at 1:30 PM - Response #2

Why not let sponsors see your website. They may provide excellent word of mouth advertising.

Conversely, if you're having trouble getting your own people to come, sponsors won't want to come either, but may still give you money.

What have you got to lose? A couple of pixels?

Friday, August 3, 2012 at 4:21 AM - Response #3

I suggest giving a sponsor the system password. That keeps your classmate's profile info private but allows the sponsor to see the site. Smile

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 7:42 PM - Response #4

We have several classmates who have successful business. We want to get the word out to them to be sponsors for our upcoming reunion. How would I set up the option for them to pay for a sponsorship separate from paying for tickets for the event itself. Donate option? And Can we put their business info on our pages? Or should they enter their donation on the payment option screen when they pay for their tickets?

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 1:30 PM - Response #5

The donation option would work perfectly. Yes, you may feel free to add their business info to any of your pages as needed.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.