ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

2nd question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/10/10 06:32 PM Views: 1441 Replies: 7
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 6:32 PM

here i am again. i have a second question. we added a question on the profile. the default questin of whether they are coming to the reunion is the first question with a yes or no response. we added the second question asking if they are bringing a spouse/s.o. etc. again with a yes or no response. it seems when they answer the 2nd question w/o answering the first and then go back to answer the 1st and save, although it shows up on their edit profile it doesn't on the actual profile. i have annoyed some people when i have asked them to go back and answer the first one. what's happening here??.........betty

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 6:35 PM - Response #1

Betty, it sounds like you've got an ornery bunch of alumni Smile

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 7:15 PM - Response #2

In the last thread I just answered from you I concluded you deliberately turned off your online registration capabilities. You can't have it both ways, you have to either use online registration and all the benefits that come with it, or you have to turn it off and use a fill-out registration form, which you've opted for.

Bottom line, if you want online registration, if you want the "Attending Reunion" icons, so forth and so on, to all work, you need to:

1) Click your Reunion Planner link
2) Turn your online registration form back on

If you have it off like it currently is, then the system couldn't possibly keep track of who's attending the reunion, display all the icons, etc. The system would have zero clue what's going on with your current print and fill-out form. Honestly I'm not sure why you're doing that in the first place, I can't imagine any scenario where doing that would in some way be beneficial over online registration. All that would do is create far more manual work on your end. Is there something you're trying to do manually that you feel you're unable to accomplish via online registration?

Edited 02/10/10 7:16 PM
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 9:25 PM - Response #3

hi, to answer your question..when they manually print out the registration form we created, they will send us a check. we didn't want the registration through the website as we didn't want the payments through the site. it was a committee vote.

anyway, are you telling me that the only way i can get the 1st question answered is by turning on the sign up form on the reunion planner? are you also saying the question of coming to the reunion on the profile page is directly connected with the reunion planner? would it be feasible to put the questions of coming to the reunion and are you bringing a guest further down the list of questions on the profile page?

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 9:34 PM - Response #4

Betty,

You can use the Online Registration and NOT turn on the Credit Card processing. This way, there will be no fee. Just have the classmates sign up through the reunion and send in their check. When you receive the check, you can update the Reunion Registration to say you received their check.

When they sign up through the Online Registration, their ATTENDING REUNION flag will automatically be turned on.

Edited 02/10/10 9:36 PM
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 9:42 PM - Response #5

i see what you are saying now with the reunion registration, however, we believe we are going to stick with the one we created. thanks...

however, i still don't understand why the first question on the profile is not being answered. connected to the reunion planner??

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 10:01 PM - Response #6

Yes, the ATTENDING REUNION flag is directly tied to the Reunion Planner.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 10:02 PM - Response #7

thanks for your help kyle

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.