ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

No In Memory notice sent

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/01/22 08:21 AM Views: 3408 Replies: 9
Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 8:21 AM

I added a beloved teacher to our In Memory page and checked the box to notify all classmates when I saved it yesterday afternoon. I went in last night and the obituary was posted to the In Memory page so I made sure the box was checked and clicked save again but I still have not received the email that anyone has been added to In Memory page.
There was an error uploading it at first because the photo I was trying to upload was not in the proper format. I removed it and it did add him (Robert Loeber) to the page, but just has not sent the In Memory notice. I really want to notify the classmates because his service is tomorrow.

Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 11:53 AM - Response #1

When you say you "checked the box to notify all classmates," that means you are notifying the classmates who signed up via Notify Me to be notified when a page is added or updated. It doesn't mean you are notifying everyone in your class.

To notify everyone in your class about the passing, I'd use Email the Class, and include a link to the In Memory page.

Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 8:11 PM - Response #2

I understand the difference and I often email the class. But anytime I add someone to the In Memory section there is a box at the bottom to check and I know some choose not to be notified, but I can see who that is. I always get the notices, however, I did not get the notice either time that I tried to get the notices to go out. I add these regularly and know how it works, but it did not work this week on this notice.

Friday, September 2, 2022 at 4:40 PM - Response #3

You can see those details on your Statistics > Notify Me Statistics page.

Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 8:56 AM - Response #4

I'm not sure you understand my question.
I added a teacher (Robert Loeber) to the In Memory page on Wednesday afternoon with the option to notify classmates. No one got the notification. I usually get notifications to two different email addresses. None were received.

My question is why did no notification get sent to anyone.

Thursday, November 10, 2022 at 11:50 PM - Response #5

Laverne, I just today have this same issue. A classmate was just added to In Memory, I checked the box to "Notify 109 classmates of this addition to In Memory" and I have not yet, 5-6 hours later, received an email about this at either my admin email address or my "test" email profile address - both of whom have Notifications ON.

I DON'T SEE THAT THIS HAS BEEN ADDRESSED. The answer(s) from Scott and Scott do not address the problem you have described and that I'm having today. In the past it has worked properly for me (checking the box at the bottom of the Memory page being edited to Notify xxx Classmates of this addition to In Memory DOES generate an email to the class within a few hours, if not immediately). This is not working today.

IS THERE ANYONE AT CLASS CREATOR THAT CAN ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM? PROMPT NOTIFICATION IS PRETTY IMPORTANT TO OUR CLASS. I'M GOING TO, RIGHT NOW, EMAIL THE CLASS, BUT THAT IS NOT HOW THIS IS SUPPOSED TO WORK AS DESCRIBED ON THE EDIT PAGE INSTRUCTIONS. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ATTENTION AND HELP.

THANK YOU.

Friday, November 11, 2022 at 7:27 AM - Response #6

Leahray,

I've been an administrator since 2009 and you since 2011, so we're aware of the lag time in receiving emails when we check "Notify xxx classmates that this page has been updated." Sometimes the email comes through immediately, and other times, it may take up to 18 hours to come through, in my experience. Class Creator has addressed this in the past by saying the email queue can get backed up and they sometimes have to reset it to clear it out. Another factor is whether you and classmates have Immediate or Once Daily set in their Notify Me settings for the timing of the reception of the email.

While the delays are frustrating, I've been able to live with them when they happen. Yes, it would be lovely to receive the email immediately, but when it comes down to it, in my opinion, none of these "Notify xxx classmate" emails" are so urgent that even a 24 hour delay in their receipt is a real problem. I do agree with your sentiment, however, that if the delivery speed can be improved, it will be helpful.

Edited 11/11/22 9:23 AM
Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 9:12 AM - Response #7

This has been an issue, on and off, for some time.
My 'work around' for this, like you state you will do, when it is something that I feel is time sensitive, such as receiving notice of a classmates death and service notice, say a day or two before the service, I will send an email to the entire class, asking them to:
'See the entry on the In Memory page for John Doe whose service is in two days.'
It seems that when you use the 'email the class' feature, those go out almost immediately.

Edited 11/12/22 9:14 AM
Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 2:03 PM - Response #8

You are right, Scott. So much of this site is good that the little things that "seem" to go sideways aren't such a big deal. I guess my real frustration is while looking for answers (I've been away from the site for 10 years so I've forgotten more than I ever knew) some of these conversations just stop with no real resolution or explanation like you and Steve just gave. So thanks for jumping in and giving me some perspective. I will do my best to be more patient.
Leahray

Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 2:05 PM - Response #9

Steve, you are right. I just need to use my judgement on time critical items and use 'email the class' when necessary. Thanks for jumping in and giving me some perspective.
Leahray

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.