ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Site questions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/12/08 10:29 PM Views: 1370 Replies: 10
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 10:29 PM

I save every site question in a folder for future reference (I see the same questions coming my way eventually) I have 112 now. Curious...do you all just save them in a folder or do you have any other suggestions?

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 10:34 PM - Response #1

I save them too and then look back to see what responses there were or ideas and suggestion I am curious as to what you call your folder. I call mine "Class Creator". I know it lacks originality but I know what's in there. Good luck with your site.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 11:02 PM - Response #2

Ha! You think that lacks originality!! I call mine "site questions"!! Hahah.. Hey, your site looks great!!! I've just recently learned that many did not receive the blaster invite..Drat...I've been doing alot of emailing to figure out who didn't get it. I'm afraid to touch anything for fear of messing it up...it was amazing that I managed what I DID!!!! Hey, Tamson, thanks for the good wishes.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 11:12 PM - Response #3

Okay, you win that round. I too have learned that not everyone received the initial email invite. I am now printing up post cards as a friendly reminder to send for those who either did not get the email or just forgot to join. I think no one is more amazed than I that I have put this site together. I am not real computer literate but am learning alot. It certainly helps to have support from the other site administrators such as yourself, and a very user friendly "Class Creator" starting point. Thanks for the kind words about my site. It is a work in progress. Good luck.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 11:23 PM - Response #4

FYI, check out our "Questions About Email" section in our FAQS to learn about whitelisting, spam filtering, and other totally annoying things that interfere with emails getting through. Once you understand the reasons this can happen, you can usually help your Classmates solve the problem.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 11:51 PM - Response #5

Thanks, Brad. Will do....

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 10:34 AM - Response #6

Brad, I basically understand what whitelisting is. I have a large percentage of classmates that have not received the invite. I am at a loss as to how and what exactly do I tell them?? I am sorry for being so lame at this.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 11:31 AM - Response #7

When did you send your mass email? If it was during the time of the AOL email debacle you might want to send it again.

Short of that, these things need to be trouble shooted on an individual basis. For example, you can run a test such as this:

1) Go into your mass email feature and click the deselect all link. And then only check off 1 Classmate who did not get your last email.

2) Send a test email to only this person.

3) Find out if they receive the email within an hour. If so everything is working fine. If not, have them check their junk or spam email folders. And if the email is not there, have them find out from their email provider if they are filtering email at a higher level. And if that's not it, ask the Classmate to ask their email provider why email from "postmaster@classcreator.net" is not getting through. The email provider can always tell you why. Once you know why there is always a way to resolve the problem.

Unfortunately sometimes Classmates themselves flag our emails as spam -- sometimes not even realizing what they are, or thinking the emails are junk mail coming from xxxxxxxxs.com or other class systems. If this happens enough, next thing you know our entire email server is blacklisted. We're now monitoring the major "blacklists" out there to make sure we don't show up on the lists. It's rare overall, but when we do, we know how to pretty quickly get off these lists. It's something we have to keep a constant eye on now.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 11:44 AM - Response #8

Brad, I sent the email about 3 weeks ago. I will try the test as you describe...Thanks again SOOOO much. Bonita

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 2:13 PM - Response #9

Before I do the next email blast, can you suggest some quick and simple language I can post on the home page about whitelist and spam filtering issues so I don't have the same problem that the writer is having?

Edited 08/15/08 2:14 PM
Friday, August 15, 2008 at 3:29 PM - Response #10

Feel free to borrow any of the wording from our FAQs section. Click on Questions About Email. Anything there you can use.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.