ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Is there a way to insert a PDF on the site?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/21/17 01:20 AM Views: 1558 Replies: 10
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 1:20 AM

I need to provide access to a form for classmates. The form is currently a PDF. Is there a way to insert a PDF on the site? Thanks!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 10:37 AM - Response #1

The easiest way is to upload the pdf to the 'file' vault, and then link to it with a "Click Here" announcement or a text line on the home page.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 12:37 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the response John! Can you tell me how I upload to the 'file' vault (its location) please? Thank you!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 1:45 PM - Response #3

To upload a non image documents to the File Vault, locate any page that has an Editor Window, such as by going to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page next to Homepage.

1. What I typically do first is decide on where my link will be and what my link phrase will say. Type the link phrase into the editor window and use your cursor to highlight/select the phrase. For example, type "Click for PDF"

2. On the Editor Window, look for the icon in the second row of buttons that is about 2/3 to the right that looks like a globe with a chain link, this is the Insert / Edit Link button. Click this button and a small window will appear. Click the Browse button and locate your file on your machine. Once selected, press the Open / Select button and then you will need to click the Upload button to the right. The window should close, leaving your link phrase blue and underlined. This means that it is linked, however to test the link you must save the page and go to the actual page of the site to click the link.

3. To test the link, click the link. You should be prompted to download / or save / or open your document depending on your browser.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 2:38 PM - Response #4

That worked! THANK YOU!

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 4:58 PM - Response #5

I don't get the globe icon, just a link. What am I missing? I'm trying to put a .pdf on a page so that a user can print it(it's a registration form on my desktop). Help please
Mike

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 5:03 PM - Response #6

Yes - the link button is the one....

Uploading a non image document to the File Vault...

You first need to upload the document to the file vault and then link to it. To upload a non image documents to the File Vault, locate any page that has an Editor Window, such as by going to EMail The Class > Compose A Message.

1. What I typically do first is decide on where my link will be and what my link phrase will say. Type the link phrase into the editor window and use your cursor to highlight the phrase.

2. On the Editor Window, look Link button (2nd row, 3rd from right). Click the Link button and the Link window will appear. Click the Browse / Choose File button and locate your file on your computer. Once selected, press the Open / Select button and then you will need to click the Upload button to the right. The window should close, leaving your link phrase blue and underlined. This means that it is linked, however to test the link you must save the page and go to the actual page of the site to click the link.

Friday, December 29, 2017 at 5:24 AM - Response #7

Scott, I keep getting the following message when attempting to open to test...(On edit site, "Steele St. Methodist Church")

This site can’t be reached
file’s server IP address could not be found.
Search Google for file Users Randy Desktop Luke UMC History
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I must be doing something wrong. I have tried several times. Thanks ~ Randy

Edited 12/29/17 5:36 AM
Friday, December 29, 2017 at 1:19 PM - Response #8

I am able to access and edit that page. Possibly a localized issue? You might try clearing cache and history and try again.

Friday, December 29, 2017 at 4:25 PM - Response #9

That did it Scott! Sometimes it is the simplest of things that we fret over. LOL Thanks!

Friday, December 29, 2017 at 4:36 PM - Response #10

Good to hear.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.