ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Internet Explorer Problems

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/31/13 04:28 PM Views: 921 Replies: 9
Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I have made major changes to the links system. I set up some folders as shown in the video and placed several links inside them. When I click on some of those links, I get a message about problems with IE and switching to compatibility view. The result is that I have a single color (blue - school color) screen; can hear playlist if page has such on it.

Sometimes I can briefly see the intended page before it sort of runs to the right, pauses, then disappears. I have cleared browsing history but problem still persists.

No problems when I'm in Mozilla.

This is a bit aggravating because I want to share the site and all the fine work we've done with our extra pages plus the ideas we have incorporated into our site. I need to know what the problem is and whether it's something that can be corrected admin-level or must be done at the classmate level or whatever.

Thanks for the hard work and time you've put into this site.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM - Response #1

Addendum: The problem I mentioned is not an overall problem. Some of the sub-folders work fine. Some don't. I have many of these items on Survey Maker, but again it's another case of some do & some don't when it comes to working properly.

I have checked all the boxes to see that they're proerly clicked on and they are. The one consistent thing is that this bar shows up on the bottom of the screen to mention the IE error and Compatibility View.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 7:38 PM - Response #2

Update:

The problem seems to have narrowed down to one specific page (so far out of the ones I've checked). It's called "Valentine Humor."

It's fine on Mozilla. On IE, I cannot see a thing from that page. Now, the strange thing is this: when I go to Survey Maker and click on Edit, the work box looks completely empty. However....if I click on Source, then there the material is. (I copy and file all source codes so it checked out.)

I went to Edit Pages, started a new link, and put the old Valentine Humor source code in. Same problem. Blank box, but info is viewable when you click on Source button.

I hope this helps to narrow the problem. I will try one more Clear Browsing Hx.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:39 PM - Response #3

After m uch experimentation, I finally took out the offending section of the page. It was a short section about chocolate and an image to go with it.

I started a New Link and rebuilt the page section by section. When I tried to add the section I mentioned above, it screwed up the entry. It took out my previous work as if it was some sort of delete function. Fortunately the reverse button took me back to the previous entry setup.

IE now shows the page.

Friday, February 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM - Response #4

Hopefully now, the problem with IE is fixed. Some changes were made last night that should correct it.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM - Response #5

We have a member who has problems viewing our site using Internet Explorer after he logs in. We centered our new design and the site looks fine for him prior to logging in but not after; the content shifts to the right and gets cut off.

This is the first we've heard of the problem since changing our design a few days ago. We're not sure if it's an Explorer issue or just his computer. What can we do to figure out the problem?

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 12:04 PM - Response #6

In IE, turn off Compatibility Mode, instructions below:

Hit F12 on the keyboard, and select the menu titled Browser Mode. Select Internet Explorer 9 from the menu (or 8 if that's the version you have).

Also, set the Document Mode to IE9 Standards (or IE8 if that's the version you have) -- not Quirks.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM - Response #7

Thank you Eric. It's so nice to have technical questions answered in a day or two. Great support at ClassCreator!

Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM - Response #8

I have at least two people with the same problem and have sent your solution to them. Have not heard if it works.

How prevalent is this? Does it just affect people who logged on before the recent fixes, or will it be a continuing problem? I am wondering if this is an issue we should address with an email????

Thanks and I hope life is getting back to normal for you guys.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM - Response #9

Making a few more adjustments to the new system here. All looking very good now. Technically, our system should orce IE to comply now. So this shouldn't be prevalent. There's a whole litany of IE scenarios, version #'s, etc. though... It should not be prevalent but there can still be an issue especially if somebody has a cached page from just after the update and we didn't have an IE standards mode force in place. In those cases the person should just be able to click reload on the browser. Can't say 100% for sure this will always work though... In the worst case scenario the classmate can go in and tweak their browser settings and set them back to normal manually. This should be extremely rare now though.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.