ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Ads on the the website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/08/14 12:20 PM Views: 933 Replies: 16
Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I must have missed something. I got on my website today to remove an announcement and check the Forum and after every few entries an ad was there. When did this start and why? Were we given an option to opt out of the ads, and I missed it?

Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM - Response #1

I am not seeing any ads. You probably have a virus called "Malware" on your computer. I recommend using malwarebytes.org and downloading their free program and scan your system for malware. After you do that, you probably won't see any ads on your website.

Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM - Response #2

Hello Kyle,

I just looked at an alumni site http://www.napahighalumniassociation.org that I helped a friend create and it has an ad in the right column for Constant Contact on it. I do not have any on my class site. I noticed that I also saw an ad in the left column when I looked at the site previously and was also going to ask this question.

Edited 02/08/14 1:52 PM
Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM - Response #3

Does some of the words on your pages have green lines underneath ? I had that a couple of weeks ago. When my cursor would touch one of the lines, an ad would appear. Ran Malwarebytes a couple of times, didn't remove it. Then I went into safe mode, ran it again, and it cleaned it off. BTW, I'm not seeing any ads on your site, either..

Edited 02/08/14 1:46 PM
Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 1:57 PM - Response #4

My site was invaded by the sidebar adds and the popu addes from my titles, which had gone to green underline after I interacted with the "IconCool" 3rd party site. Somehow another program came into my computer when I downloaded their favicon maker. It was frightening, but I cleaned it out with the aid of our resident computer guru.

Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM - Response #5

napahighalumniassociation.org is a classcreator website using the "Free (ads)" plan, it is supposed to have ads.

Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 2:27 PM - Response #6

Picture my suprise!!!! Why is it on that type of plan?

Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 2:35 PM - Response #7

When we started the site, it was with the intention of paying the same yearly rate as my website. I was told in a phone contact that by using the refer a friend link on my site that the alumni site would be given our existing yearly rate. So, how did it become "Free". Is this because the site isn't totally finished?

Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM - Response #8

When websites are created, they are given a "7 day trial" after that, if they don't subscribe for the no-ads (subscription), then they get the "Free (ads)" type of website. If they want the ads to disappear, they just need to pay the subscription.

Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 11:46 PM - Response #9

Thank you for that information. We will get it done very soon.

Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 6:44 PM - Response #10

Kyle,

I’m seeing popup add on the right side of home page and on pages that I am working on. I did not think this was going to happen. We have been on Classcreater since 2008.

Wayne

Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 7:46 PM - Response #11

Hi Wayne,

You have a subscription and should not be seeing ads on your site. I don't see any ads when I review your site. You may need to run an anti-virus software on your local system.

The anti-virus software Kyle mentioned above works very well and there is a free version available at malwarebytes.org

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, February 14, 2014 at 12:38 PM - Response #12

We have a paid subscription and should not be seeing the ads. I’m not happy with this situation. I should not have to jump through a hoop to stop the ads from popping up on our website. In the past when I have used recommended FREE software you always get junk attached to it and cause more problems than it is worth.

Thanks,
Wayne
Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad

Friday, February 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM - Response #13

Nobody else is seeing ads on your site, it's not C.C.'s fault. You have malware on your computer. Run the free version of Malwarebytes to take care of it..

Friday, February 14, 2014 at 1:03 PM - Response #14

Lynda is correct. Wayne, please run a malware scan to fix your problem. Legitimate ads on Class Creator sites are provided by Google, are reputable, and are only there for those deliberately utilizing the new Free (ads) plan.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 12:03 PM - Response #15

I saw an ad on my page BEFORE I logged in, but once I logged in, it was gone. Here is what I saw - attached

Edited 03/12/15 1:26 PM
Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 1:28 PM - Response #16

Hi Dick,

What you are seeing is not an ad - it is the Rewind history segment. When you login it is still there, however, it is under all of your other right hand modules so it is much further down the page.

I removed your attachment because it had your email address visible in the screenshot of your login screen.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.