ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Edit Site Pages: Revision Dates?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/31/13 04:11 PM Views: 868 Replies: 8
Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:11 PM

The previous Edit Site Pages page would display the date and time of the last revision. This was very helpful in monitoring admin changes. The new system does not seem to have that capability, unless I am missing something. I would like to see this reinstated and even include the admin who made the change, either by name, initials or code number.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:11 PM - Response #1

It's still there if backups exists for the pages. Someone else mentioned that their home page didn't have backups.

If there are no backups detected, then the editor does not display the option to view backups.

So make a change to a page that now shows no backups (anything, like type an X) and save. Now you should see the View Backups again. With name and date. If not then post back.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:26 PM - Response #2

Jack,

The old EDIT SITE PAGES had a column that showed the date that the page was last modified. You didn't have to go to the editor and look at the backups to see if the page has been modified. The column was called LAST MODIFIED. It might have even had the admin name of who modified it.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM - Response #3

Oh, forgotEmbarassed I only cared about seeing the name of the admin on the backups - after I had admins making changes and not admitting they did. It makes sense they added the admin to the main screen too. The backup is the PRIOR version.

We want the Last Modified-date-time-admin back on the main edit screen. All together now.

Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:39 AM - Response #4

When you move cursor over Edit Page we can show last revision date as a tool tip.

Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:48 AM - Response #5

You are making it more work than it needs to be. Galleries would also require a change there.

Why not just put it under the editor where the View Backups appears? It's a natural place for this data.

If it was there before, did someone delete the code?

Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM - Response #6

Lemme check on this. Given the new system we'll find a good spot for it.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM - Response #7

The last save date is now located to the right of the view backups link beneath the editor window.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM - Response #8

Good addition. Thanks

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.