ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

post announcement

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/11/15 02:07 PM Views: 1029 Replies: 4
Friday, December 11, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Where did the Post Announcement member function go on the Responsive design? And what is the bell for?

Glenn Ellen

Edited 12/11/15 2:07 PM
Friday, December 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM - Response #1

The icon at the top of the page that looks like a person is where the member functions are. This includes announcements. The bell icon is for alerts such as bouncebacks.

Friday, December 11, 2015 at 4:05 PM - Response #2

I have logged in as a classmate instead of an admin person and the member functions under the person icon does not have anything that says announcements or post. The only things I get are notify me, message center, edit contact info, change password and log out. Before a classmate could create an announcement and submit it for approval. When it was approved, it then appeared on the Home Page. I take it that functionality is no longer available.

Friday, December 11, 2015 at 5:30 PM - Response #3

I do not allow classmates to create an announcement and when I signed on as one of them indeed the member functions did not include that function.

I then signed back on as an admin, allowed classmates to create announcements by selecting that option at the bottom of the Announcements page, signed back on as a classmate and now had "Post Announcement" in member functions.

It's working ok on my site. Surprised that it would be any different on yours.

Friday, December 11, 2015 at 7:48 PM - Response #4

Thank you for your help. When I went to the Announcement Page, the allow classmates to create announcements was already checked. When I went to the edit pages and selected the home page, I found under the edit announcements that the active box was not checked. Now the Post Announcement shows under the member functions.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.