ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

NOT display page title?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/09/14 04:02 PM Views: 993 Replies: 6
Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I searched the forum and didn't see an answer to this, or I may have missed it. If so, I'm sorry. I have a genealogy site, and use my own graphic for the page titles. Is there a way to 'turn off' the display of the automated page title?

Look at this page for an example... http://www.triggcunninghamfamily.com/Williams-History.htm

Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM - Response #1

With a little CSS trickery, I was able to "hide" the headers. But... it is an all or nothing deal. I added a CSS to the Google Analytics box on the Preferences page that makes your header color white. So, effectively, the white on white is hidden. Smile But, this will effect every page, thereby hiding all of your headers. If this is an issue, then you will need to delete the CSS that I added to the Preferences page. Or - maybe there are some other admins out there with some CSS skills that can assist and get this to work for you as needed.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM - Response #2

Thank you! That is perfect! Thanks for the quick response, and hiding on all pages is great. Very Happy

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 1:56 AM - Response #3

Is there a way to share the CSS you used so that I can also experiment with hiding the page title?
Jim

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 9:49 AM - Response #4

Here it is: Change the "[" to "<" and the "]" to ">" to make it work:

[style type="text/css"]

h2 {
color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
}

[/style]

And then paste the modified code in your PREFERENCES "Google Analytics" section.

The result will be that the page titles that appear at the top of the content sections will disappear and become white.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 1:49 PM - Response #5

Another idea: For experiments, it's safer, faster and easier to make a test page and just put what Kyle said on the test page in source mode.

Works only for that page. If it looks right, put in preferences.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM - Response #6

This makes ALL the h2 elements disappear and removes the blank line where it used to show

(remove the space after/before the < and >

< style type="text/css" >

h2 {font-size: 0px !important;}

< /style >

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.